TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Parents: You have my undying respect. <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
YCantAngieRead is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YCantAngieRead Find more posts by YCantAngieRead Add YCantAngieRead to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YCantAngieRead
1974 was much better

quote:
Seven years into the parenthood thing and I still am not used to runny noses, sticky fingers, and drool.... Fortunately, he's mostly outgrown all three, but.... *shudder*

One of the most traumatic moments of the last year for me was at my niece's fifth birthday party, where her 10 month old sister was crying and a little scared of all the noise and people and such. I noticed she had a VERY large problem that would have required several kleenexes and for me, a large decontamination unit. But we were kind of in the middle of nowhere, and no tissues were available.

I pointed it out to my brother (another Aunt benefit-you never have to do the bodily fluids thing if a parent is around) and he WIPED HER NOSE ON HIS PANTLEG.

Now granted, this brother is up to his elbows in people's guts and bodily fluids all day long as a doctor, and has in the past did things with dead bodies most people don't like to imagine (no, not THAT-he was a tissue harvester) so he's used to it. But still. All I could think of the rest of the day was "mucus on pantleg. Mucus on pantleg. Red alert. Mucus on pantleg. Do not go within ten feet of said pantleg."

Parents, seriously, deserve some kind of National Badge Of Doing Really Icky Stuff That Needs To Be Done.

"So what you're saying is take off the balls, it don't work, right? " - Mythbusters

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Martyp is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Martyp Find more posts by Martyp Add Martyp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martyp

wanted to post a pic anyone know the easy way to do it

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Martyp is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Martyp Find more posts by Martyp Add Martyp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martyp

Here is the pic of my kids letting daddy fish.

Attachment: kids3.jpg
This has been downloaded 159 time(s).

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

justapixel is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for justapixel Find more posts by justapixel Add justapixel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justapixel
TiVo Mama

quote:
Originally posted by Martyp
Ann you should check it out at the base iof the dam at berryessa. Kids could fish and have some fun for the day just tell them you want to look around cause your thinking of joining . great place to waste a summer day and not far from.

Does it come with room service?

My brother is big into the outdoor stuff, and has a boat, ski dos, and a camper so his kids are used to that type of activity. When my kids visit him, they love all that stuff, because for me, roughing it outdoors means being at a private pool with a snackbar.

When his kids visit me, I try to give them a taste of the things we enjoy doing, which is museums, zoos, ethnic foods, festivals, etc. Unfortunately, not much is going on this week, but we are still keeping busy.

I don't think his kids have ever been to a zoo, can you believe that?

Thanks for the suggestion though, and for sharing the picture - your kids are darling.

I'm eclectic.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

digdug is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for digdug Find more posts by digdug Add digdug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
digdug
Early riser

I would never have pegged me as being the parent type. Funny how situations and people change. I was always afraid to hold my neices & nephew for fear of 'fluids'.
As a parent it's different when it's your kid. Staying up all night to keep an eye on a sick kid? No problem! Changing diapers on the fly? Not an issue!

One of my largest pet peeves used to be the sound of kids screaming in public places. Now that I've had my own kids, I barely even hear it. Kids do crazy things. My wife recently walked into our daughters room to check on her during nap time. She found my daughter standing on top of her dresser trying to take a picture off the wall. The same daughter ( 2) recently woke up from her nap and found a tube of Desitin that daddy forgot to put up. Guess she thought it was mommie's lotion cause she smeared it all over her body. Ewwwww, hard to clean greasy stuff!

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

YCantAngieRead is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YCantAngieRead Find more posts by YCantAngieRead Add YCantAngieRead to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YCantAngieRead
1974 was much better

Oh lord. Staying up all night with a sick kid? I don't think there's much of a chance I could pull that off.

(I once ate some Desitin. I have no idea why. It doesn't taste good. )

"So what you're saying is take off the balls, it don't work, right? " - Mythbusters

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AJRitz is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AJRitz Visit AJRitz's homepage! Find more posts by AJRitz Add AJRitz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AJRitz
Malcontent

quote:
Originally posted by YCantAngieRead
(I once ate some Desitin. I have no idea why. It doesn't taste good. )

Don't feel bad about that one Ang - my daughter is CONSTANTLY trying to eat her diaper cream. For the life of me I cannot figure out why. But we're always having to relocate it to a higher shelf, because if she can reach the tube, the cap end goes into her mouth and she tries to get it opened. Yuck.

I thoroughly approve of Mrs. AJRitz! - Graymalkin, pendragn

Read my blog

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

YCantAngieRead is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 07:28 AM
YCantAngieRead
1974 was much better

I don't know why, but that mental image just cracked me up.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nmiller855 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 08:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nmiller855 Find more posts by nmiller855 Add nmiller855 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nmiller855
TiVo Forum Special Member

I loved both of my girls dearly but used THEIR clothes to wipe their noses and drool. I also gag easily so I would never try to catch vomit because I would smell it on my hands for the rest of my life no matter what soap I used.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ChofuHS is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 09:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ChofuHS Find more posts by ChofuHS Add ChofuHS to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ChofuHS

Good for you!!! Yeah, parenting is the most important job in the world, unfortunately it doesn't require a license, training, or anything but a fertile womb!

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged