TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> CC Persistence Pays <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dorran is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dorran Visit Dorran's homepage! Find more posts by Dorran Add Dorran to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dorran

Talking CC Persistence Pays

Last Friday, I went into my local Tweeter and gave them a $150 deposit on a 10-250. The deposit was refundable if I found another one prior to their delivery.

I then went into CC (Manchester, CT) for the fifth day in a row (although online said there was no stock anywhere within 100 miles) and miraculously a unit had just been returned to their Springfield, MA store and was now an open box sale item. It was a 45 minute drive and they told me they would hold it for an hour.

I got there in time and paid $850. They told me the guy returned it "because he didn't know he had to subscribe to DTV" to use it. It didn't even look like the unit was unpacked and it works great. Im a happy guy.

Dorran

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

I, too, got lucky, but with Ultimate Electronics. I called to see when they thought they would get through their pre-order line and the salesman said he didn't know, but they just had one returned and he would sell it to me open box for $899. The previous owner returned his because "He didn't like the Tivo interface and menu systems" WHAT?!?

I believe there may be more than a few "open box" returns out there that people could get if they'd only ask. Unlike CC or BB, where the open box items are displayed, UE keeps theirs in the back (at least they had my HDTivo in the back) so it can't hurt to call up the stores and ask if they have any!

I've had mine for over a month now and LOVE IT!

BP

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JamesJ5223 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JamesJ5223 Find more posts by JamesJ5223 Add JamesJ5223 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JamesJ5223

I also got a returned unit at BB...someone ordered two via the web and both shipped, so they returned one to a local BB. I happened to check the BB website for availability in my area (as I did every day) and it said the store had stock. I called and they agreed to sell it to me, even though the sales guy said, "We're not supposed to sell these."

I paid full price, but it was a sealed box and in perfect working order (so far...knock on wood!)

Jake

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged