TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Can't connect to TiVo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Happy_mark is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Happy_mark Find more posts by Happy_mark Add Happy_mark to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy_mark

Unhappy Can't connect to TiVo

I ha ve just purchased a Tivo and it did not come with a telephone cable. Does anybody know if a standard Modem cable will work.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RobBellis is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobBellis Find more posts by RobBellis Add RobBellis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobBellis

Yep! Now define standard

There are two types, one which uses the inner two pins of the RJ11 connector, the other which uses the outer two pins.

I cannot of the top of my head remember which is which, but it would be the same as for US sourced modems, Maplin carry them in stock and if you get the wrong one you can exchange it.

If you have a $ky Digibox then the modem cable is the same.

Rgds,

R.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

I have found crossed and uncrossed cables in Maplins. One is designed for modem connections, and the other for connection to handsets. The disadvantage is that, if you need the handset version, it comes as a coiled cable. To get the necessary length for my ADSL router, it is now connected to my ADSL socket by a thick coiled cable.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged