TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> The Title of the 6th Harry Potter Book will be. . . <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

The Title of the 6th Harry Potter Book will be. . .

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Drewster is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drewster Find more posts by Drewster Add Drewster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drewster
Part-time pundit

Ooooo!

That's my boy! Updated November 9
Recent Punditry: Interarchy 7.2
Fora: Ars Mac Achaia : FlyerTalk : Food Network : Oracle Calendar : TiVoCommunity : Voldemort

"I wish I could breastfeed..." -- BryanMC
8/30/04 - The Day I Stumped the SOAK.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IndyJones1023 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IndyJones1023 Find more posts by IndyJones1023 Add IndyJones1023 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IndyJones1023
Now in PG!

Eh, title sounds kind of anemic.

[rimshot] Thanks folks, I'll be all week!

Come to the Hotlando Meet!

The TC-Con '04 DVD!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

laria is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for laria Visit laria's homepage! Find more posts by laria Add laria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laria
TiVo Forum Special Member

There's some hints on http://www.jkrowling.com on who it might be. Spoiler protected for the spoilerphobic:

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)

She says the Half Blood Prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort. And that Chamber of Secrets has some clues to how the series plays out. Some info that was supposed to be in CoS was cut because she felt it would be better to put it in Book 6.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

Hrmmm, a Half Blood... this explains why Mudbloods and Wizard heritage keeps coming up in the books.

Come voice your opinion on hotel selection.. it's important, and it matters!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

martinp13 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for martinp13 Visit martinp13's homepage! Find more posts by martinp13 Add martinp13 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
martinp13
Official Texas TIVO

Gotta be Neville

TC-Con 05/Las Vegas : Come on, you KNOW you want to go! Check it out!

"We're out of our elephant..." - uncdrew's client
"My implants are frozen!" - One of the bimbos who slept on a glacier in The Amazing Race 6

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13
Gotta be Neville

Actually, no. Neville comes from a long line of pure blood wizards.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MsUnderstood is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MsUnderstood Find more posts by MsUnderstood Add MsUnderstood to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MsUnderstood

OH MY GOD! Hermione is really Herman?

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

laria is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for laria Visit laria's homepage! Find more posts by laria Add laria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laria

quote:
Originally posted by Turtleboy
Actually, no. Neville comes from a long line of pure blood wizards.

Maybe he's really an illegitimate love child.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

quote:
Originally posted by MsUnderstood
OH MY GOD! Hermione is really Herman?
Then big kudos on that glamour spell he's got!

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I don't see it a current character. She seems to like to use characters who aren't in the books currently, see Cedric in book 4...

And how could it be Harry, when he isn't one?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoGeezer is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoGeezer Visit TivoGeezer's homepage! Find more posts by TivoGeezer Add TivoGeezer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoGeezer
Happy Geezer Year!

[hijack]As I watched the 3rd film, I kept thinking "I am really glad I never read the book, so I don't know what will happen next". I really liked the movie. Much less confusing than the first two, although watching them a second time helped.

Maybe I will go back and read the books now.[/hijack]

One person's "quality TV" is another's "there's nothing on".

PM me your current email address for a Gmail invite.
Happy Tivo Owner since October, 2000
"I'm a sig-fodder whore." - scottjf8
"I'm a lazy asshat!" - montag
"For a small fee- I will be your own personal snipe" - scubagal
Don't be misled
Please don't ask about FSI or dual tuner SA TiVo!

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hoffer is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hoffer Find more posts by Hoffer Add Hoffer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoffer
Hey Now!!!

I've been on a Harry Potter kick lately. After seeing the PoA movie, I decided to read the books. I just finished the 5th one Sunday. Yesterday I went out and read jkrowling.com. I guess I missed the big announcement by 1 day.

I wonder when the 6th one will come out? I did read on the website that the 6th book won't be as long as book 5.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sa-gamer is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sa-gamer Find more posts by sa-gamer Add sa-gamer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sa-gamer
TheTruthIsOutThere..

Humm, I thought it was going to be Harry Potter and the Cash Cow. I guess that was too redunant.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwjody is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwjody Find more posts by jwjody Add jwjody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwjody

Are the books really that good? I've seen the first 2 movies just so I could watch the third. I've read great things about the director of the third movie (Cuaron) but I haven't gone to see it yet.

J

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevel is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevel Visit stevel's homepage! Find more posts by stevel Add stevel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevel
Dumb Blond

The books are good. I don't know if I'd call them "great literature", and some of them drag at times, but they're all "a good read" and if for nothing else I give them credit for encouraging millions of kids to discover the joy of reading.

One thousand three hundred thirty-three, zero

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

As well as encouraging millions of fundamentalist religious types to rail against them!

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hoffer is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hoffer Find more posts by Hoffer Add Hoffer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoffer
Hey Now!!!

I liked the books. Having just read all 5 in the last 3 weeks. I think my favorite is Goblet of Fire. I liked the whole Triwizard Tournament and think that book will translate well into a movie. I can't wait to see tasks 1 and 2 on the big screen.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Drewster is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drewster Find more posts by Drewster Add Drewster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drewster
Part-time pundit

The books are simply a joy. For the first time since I was a kid, I found myself wanting to reread the book *while* I was reading it for the first time. Rowling's writing is a lot like the original Myst game - packed full of details and as you get deeper in you discover that they are ALL important, no throways. She's also incredibly good at backstory and counts Stephen King among her admirers for that talent.

I also admire the way she introduces the reader to the magic world. By having the protagonist also be a stranger to the world, any time you don't know what's going on, neigther does Harry and it has to be explained to him! As a device for supplying expository, it's genius in its simplicity.

That's my boy! Updated November 9
Recent Punditry: Interarchy 7.2
Fora: Ars Mac Achaia : FlyerTalk : Food Network : Oracle Calendar : TiVoCommunity : Voldemort

"I wish I could breastfeed..." -- BryanMC
8/30/04 - The Day I Stumped the SOAK.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Peter000 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter000 Find more posts by Peter000 Add Peter000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peter000

quote:
Originally posted by laria
There's some hints on http://www.jkrowling.com on who it might be. Spoiler protected for the spoilerphobic:

She says the Half Blood Prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort. And that Chamber of Secrets has some clues to how the series plays out. Some info that was supposed to be in CoS was cut because she felt it would be better to put it in Book 6.

I haven't checked out the site... but the only other half blood I can think of is
Hagrid.
I think all the others are either pure or muggle-born.

listen
get

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged