TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> The Title of the 6th Harry Potter Book will be. . . <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TBDigital is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TBDigital Find more posts by TBDigital Add TBDigital to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBDigital
Out of Shape Nerd...

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Whatever that irish kid's name is...he says in the first book that his dad is a muggle, and his mom's a witch. Seamus Finnagin, that's the kid

My poor Winston...it was the drink that killed him.

He was an alcoholic?

No, he was run over by a Guinness truck...

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pcgrrll is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pcgrrll Find more posts by pcgrrll Add pcgrrll to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pcgrrll
Game Goddess

I love the books, but they are much more fun to read aloud than to myself. My girls have gotten bored with them, so I have no one to read them to anymore *sigh*

We read one and two together, but stopped about a 3rd of the way through the 3rd book. Like TivoGeezer though, I was actually happy that I hadn't finished the book before seeing the movie. It made it much more exciting not knowing what was going to happen.

well, that's the best birthday morning surprise I could ever hope for that didn't involve pcgrrl's hubby, a butler's outfit, and a Slip-N-Slide. -Skittles

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

landrumdh is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 03:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for landrumdh Visit landrumdh's homepage! Find more posts by landrumdh Add landrumdh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
landrumdh
Planning a Roadtrip!

While the 3rd movie was really good, I do think they cut TOO much out of the book.

If you haven't read the books and enjoy the movies read the books! They are a quick and easy read (this is coming from a very slow reader) and have alot more details that really help explain things.

"What is gum, anyway? I looked at the ingredients and the only gum related item I could see was called "gum base." Is that a real thing? Is that the smallest most elemental form of the gum? Or is that like looking at the ingredients for spaghetti and meatballs and seeing "meatballs" listed?" - hefe

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

laria is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for laria Visit laria's homepage! Find more posts by laria Add laria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laria
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by Peter000
I haven't checked out the site... but the only other half blood I can think of is
Hagrid.
I think all the others are either pure or muggle-born.

Rowling has also said that she has told Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane info about their characters that isn't general knowledge yet, so Hagrid may be a good guess.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Peter000 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter000 Find more posts by Peter000 Add Peter000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peter000

After noodling around on her site for a couple of hours (it's pretty fun!) another guess I would have for the Half Blood Prince is

Dean Thomas. She mentioned some stuff that was cut out of Phoenix about that character that reveals he may be a half blood.

listen
get

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shady is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shady Find more posts by shady Add shady to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shady

quote:
Originally posted by stevel
... and if for nothing else I give them credit for encouraging millions of kids to discover the joy of reading.

... and witchcraft

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevel is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevel Visit stevel's homepage! Find more posts by stevel Add stevel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevel
Dumb Blond

quote:
Originally posted by Hoffer
I think my favorite is Goblet of Fire. I liked the whole Triwizard Tournament and think that book will translate well into a movie.
Goblet of Fire was the first one that read to me as if it were a screenplay, which may explain that...

One thousand three hundred thirty-three, zero

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LooseWiring is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooseWiring Find more posts by LooseWiring Add LooseWiring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LooseWiring

I cast my vote for Snape. I am trying to remember but I seem to recall that he was a half-breed.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BatBrad is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 07:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BatBrad Find more posts by BatBrad Add BatBrad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BatBrad

The site is fascinating. I was not familiar with it before. Has anyone figured out the brick puzzle behind the mystery door?

There are five "bricks" which move. I assume you have to "push" them in a certain order. Any help?

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sschwart is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 07:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sschwart Find more posts by sschwart Add sschwart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sschwart
Missing Vegas

Hey! You should have spoilered the title of the book! That's vital information you are giving out, man! I didn't want to know the name of the book until I had the book in my hands, and now it's all ruined!

Does anyone understand why people actually react like that? I have a friend who will cover his ears if you even intimate that you are about to disclose the title of the book.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 07:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

What's the phone number?

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged