TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Tungsten T3 WinXP synch via Bluetooth - help needed <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cwoody222 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

Tungsten T3 WinXP synch via Bluetooth - help needed

Since my bluetooth cellphone is out of commission (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=182357) I thought I'd lend my D-link DBT-120 to my boss to try to finally get some reliable synching since we never really solved this problem (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=156805)

Right now the problem is the USB ports on the Dell docking station aren't "powered" so he has to undock his laptop in order to access the USB ports on the computer itself to sync. It's a pain. So I thought we'd try bluetooth since his Tungsten is bluetooth enabled.

I brought in the D-link thing yesterday. Then I realized for us with Windows I needed an installation CD. Hmph, I didn't with my Mac

So today I bought in the CD. We installed everything. WinXP detected the new hardware and installed some other stuff. (note: every time we plug it into a new USB port it "finds new hardware" again. *sigh*)

We can get it to discover the Tungsten. I had to do the pin number thing so they matched on both the laptop and the PDA. I added both to each other's "trusted" lists.

I created a new sync connection profile on the PDA telling it to sync via bluetooth to the laptop (which had the proper name and everything).

However, when we try to actually sync the PDA can't and it eventually fails and tells us the sync was unsuccessful. The little sync graphic never starts to spin or anything on the PDA.

Windows does tell me that a USB network cable is unplugged which happened when I plugged in the bluetooth dongle but the bluetooth icon in the sys tray is still green or white or whatever it's supposed to be (not red). So I think that's an unrelated Windows "error".

Has this happened to anyone else?

Any solution ideas?

He's a home Mac user too and both of us are quite frustrated at the level of complexity for this stupid thing. Even when he syncs at home with the USB cradle and iSync there's never anything to install, configure, etc.

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas

Make sure you configure the D-Link for serial access.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222

Nope. That didn't do it. I did configure the D-LInk for it and made sure the HotSync preferences were using the came COM port and everything.

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas

Stange, it works on mine. I'm using a Belkin BT adaptor so it might be different. Just make sure in the pop-up menu for the Hot-Sync icon you have serial with a check mark. That's the only suggestion I can give you other than letting you know that it can work. It is slow though.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

landrumdh is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for landrumdh Visit landrumdh's homepage! Find more posts by landrumdh Add landrumdh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
landrumdh
Planning a Roadtrip!

Make sure you are running the latest possible drivers off the website.

My dad's IT guys spent DAY's trying to get his BT stuff to work, and I got it working in 15min by downloading the latest drivers for everything.

"What is gum, anyway? I looked at the ingredients and the only gum related item I could see was called "gum base." Is that a real thing? Is that the smallest most elemental form of the gum? Or is that like looking at the ingredients for spaghetti and meatballs and seeing "meatballs" listed?" - hefe

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged