TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Ofa 6 <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pr1uk is offline Old Post 12-30-2002 01:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pr1uk Find more posts by pr1uk Add pr1uk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pr1uk
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by SGH42
Do you think a Pronto is worth getting then ?

Trying to convince myself but the cost is a downer !

i think the Pronto is worth getting and there only £153 inc PP from Richer Sounds web site. the new colour ones are even better but you will need a big income to justify spending so much on a control alone.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 12-30-2002 03:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

If you're one of those people who operate the TiVo remote by feel, or you need to put your reading glasses on to read the labels on the remote, you are not going to like the Pronto. There is no tactile feedback, and you have to check the display to find out which screen you are on and to find where the buttons are. I also think the monochrome display is very poor quality. I have one but rarely use it.

Ian.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Major dude is offline Old Post 12-30-2002 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Major dude Find more posts by Major dude Add Major dude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Major dude

2nd Tivo

Any problems setting up an ofa6 (or a Kameleon) to control two TiVos?

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lloyd is offline Old Post 03-03-2003 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lloyd Find more posts by lloyd Add lloyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lloyd

quote:
Originally posted by CarlWalters
and here are some more I managed to work out last night while bored

??? - 0
597 - 1
601 - 2
599 - 3
603 - 4
596 - 5
600 - 6
598 - 7
602 - 8
??? - 9

can't find 0 or 9 though (not in the range 590 - 605 anyway. Although looking at the list now I can see a pattern of sorts but I can't work out what 0 and 9 will be...one for the mathematicians amongst us

I found that my OFA 6 with 0722 code had 5 programmed into the 0 key (which expains why I could not get the 30sec skip to work with SPS30S). Spoke to OFA CS and got the code for 0 - Magic 665. ( Does not fit into any patten that I can see.)

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CarlWalters is offline Old Post 03-05-2003 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarlWalters Visit CarlWalters's homepage! Find more posts by CarlWalters Add CarlWalters to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarlWalters

Does anyone happen to know the OneForAll magic code for TiVo TV Volume Up/Down? I have just had my OneForAll6 upgraded (to add the Pace DigiCable 4000 box) and I now seem to have lost the ability to control theTV Volume when I am in TiVo mode. (I know I could just press TV change the volume and then press TiVo again - but it worked OK before)

DVD : SCAN SC440LSI
TV : Sony KV28DX30
GAMES : PS2 + EyeToy

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lloyd is offline Old Post 03-05-2003 06:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lloyd Find more posts by lloyd Add lloyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lloyd

quote:
Originally posted by CarlWalters
Does anyone happen to know the OneForAll magic code for TiVo TV Volume Up/Down?

Is it possible the you have to re-enter the volume punch-through mode. (MAGIC 993 TV) ?

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LJ is offline Old Post 03-05-2003 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LJ Visit LJ's homepage! Find more posts by LJ Add LJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LJ
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by iankb
If you're one of those people who operate the TiVo remote by feel, or you need to put your reading glasses on to read the labels on the remote, you are not going to like the Pronto.
I ended up getting a Pronto Neo for that reason. It's got 13 programmable hard buttons - just enough for the major functions. Means I can operate it in the dark

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Olly is offline Old Post 03-06-2003 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Olly Find more posts by Olly Add Olly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olly

quote:
If you're one of those people who operate the TiVo remote by feel, or you need to put your reading glasses on to read the labels on the remote, you are not going to like the Pronto. There is no tactile feedback, and you have to check the display to find out which screen you are on and to find where the buttons are. I also think the monochrome display is very poor quality. I have one but rarely use it.

Ian.

I agree with you 100%. I bought a Pronto and I have sold it 4 weeks later for just those reasons. I realised just how much I use remote controls by touch and despite the Pronto being a clever and versatile device it was not for me!

Oliver

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 03-06-2003 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb

quote:
Originally posted by Olly
I agree with you 100%. ... I realised just how much I use remote controls by touch

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. There are so many Pronto fanatics on this forum, I began to think that I was the only one who didn't like it. I think that most owners don't like to admit that they wasted their money, or are too proud of their Pronto programming to ignore the inconvenience.

(puts on flak jacket)

Ian.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

guydewdney is offline Old Post 03-06-2003 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for guydewdney Visit guydewdney's homepage! Find more posts by guydewdney Add guydewdney to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guydewdney
Senile Member

I have the pronto - but am thinking of getting the Neo - (which bizzarely is cheaper) for just the reasons above - BUT - anyone have any problems with getting it to learn the codes? Does it use the same CCF codes as a normal pronto?

Guy

Services offered:- cabling up your system ;) pm for details

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LJ is offline Old Post 03-06-2003 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LJ Visit LJ's homepage! Find more posts by LJ Add LJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LJ
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by guydewdney
anyone have any problems with getting it to learn the codes?
I think the only TiVo button I couldn't get it to learn with was Standby. I don't use the Volume or Mute buttons, but I guess they wouldn't be an issue anyway.
quote:
Does it use the same CCF codes as a normal pronto?
Err... not sure - remotecentral is probably a good place to ask.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AdrianLock is offline Old Post 03-07-2003 06:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AdrianLock Find more posts by AdrianLock Add AdrianLock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AdrianLock

Hi,

I've just got the Kameleon - not bad. Have managed to configure it for the TV, XBox (Dvd), Video and Tivo.

I would like to be able to program the red and green buttons (normally used for teletext) to function as thumbs up and down. Is this possible as they do not illuminate in the VCR mode that was copied to the Sat mode for Tivo use? Is ther a way of turning off unused buttons and turning on required ones - Guide would be nice but only appears on Sat and not in the mode I am using for the Tivo.

Advice please.

Thanks

Adrian

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tenex is offline Old Post 03-07-2003 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tenex Find more posts by Tenex Add Tenex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tenex
fructus naturales

quote:
Originally posted by guydewdney
I have the pronto - but am thinking of getting the Neo - (which bizzarely is cheaper) for just the reasons above - BUT - anyone have any problems with getting it to learn the codes? Does it use the same CCF codes as a normal pronto?

Guy

There's a new-ish Philips remote for 6 devices for £44 at Argos, much cheaper and the Neo doesn't have agood write up.

The king of buton remotes appears to be the MX-500 http://*******.com/71l6 cheaper than a Pronto.

edit:
Oh and before i forget add me to the I hate the Pronto club, can't stand waking the device with one touch and then having LOOK at it to use it. My "using" lasted about 15 minutes and I never took it out of the box again. Should put it on eBay really.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 03-07-2003 09:48 PM
iankb

Maybe us 'Pronto haters' should have been posting about how good they were - before we put them on eBay. I think we've just brought the price down.

Ian.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tenex is offline Old Post 03-07-2003 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tenex Find more posts by Tenex Add Tenex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tenex
fructus naturales

I'm sure they're great for anyone who wants complex macro programming but buttons does it for me

BTW, that Philips remote is the SBC RU865 in case anyone's interested.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Woz! is offline Old Post 03-07-2003 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Woz! Find more posts by Woz! Add Woz! to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Woz!
Viva Indifference

Does anyone know if there are codes for the Sony Clie handheld to control the TiVo (It's got an uprated IR module over normal Palm devices and is intended to function like a pronto).

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Olly is offline Old Post 03-08-2003 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Olly Find more posts by Olly Add Olly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olly

quote:
Maybe us 'Pronto haters' should have been posting about how good they were - before we put them on eBay. I think we've just brought the price down.

Ian.

Mine went for a healthy profit on ebay. I now need to find a suitable alternative for controlling my two TiVos

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tenex is offline Old Post 03-08-2003 06:51 AM
Tenex
fructus naturales

quote:
Originally posted by Olly
Mine went for a healthy profit on ebay. I now need to find a suitable alternative for controlling my two TiVos
Try the MX500 link above.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sammoj is offline Old Post 04-10-2003 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sammoj Find more posts by sammoj Add sammoj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sammoj

Anybody know if the Tivo update is now downloadable from the oneforall site for oneforall 6? Or do I have to wait until CS wake up tomorrow?

John

PS: If so, whats it under?

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

woody is offline Old Post 04-10-2003 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for woody Find more posts by woody Add woody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woody

if its available, it will be listed under Thomson VCR.

chris

One For All URC7562, skyeye T-IR reddot remover

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged