TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Developing for HMO? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DVDerek is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DVDerek Find more posts by DVDerek Add DVDerek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DVDerek
Tivo Rules

Developing for HMO?

Finally a good place to post this...

How many of you out there are currently developing a Tivo Publisher replacement? How many of you have thought of doing such a thing? I'm interested in doing it, but just haven't had the time quite yet. If anyone else out there is thinking along the lines I'm thinking of, let me know. Perhaps we could collaborate on it.

1. Runs as a Service (don't need to be logged in)
2. Integrates with Windows Media Player (uses WMP's playlists, auto-playlists, etc).

Those are really the two big features I would want. They are somewhat conflicting as I believe under WMP each user has their own media library. If it's running as a service, how do we know which Media Library to use. I was thinking of providing a program option to determine that...

Other techinical hurdles are that WMP playlists are not stored in the M3U format that HMO reads. They are stored in an XML format, so they should be easy to convert on the fly...

ANyone else got any ideas? Anyone else developing?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boettcht is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for boettcht Find more posts by boettcht Add boettcht to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boettcht
Who's there?

DVDerek,

I came up with a way to make the Tivo Server a service. It takes about 10 minutes to do. I have been running it as a service since late April with no problems. The instructions can be found here:Post 1152544

Hope this helps.

Upgraded 196 hr
TiVo Series2 40 hr

I did absolutely nothing and it was everything and more than I expected!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DVDerek is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DVDerek Find more posts by DVDerek Add DVDerek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DVDerek
Tivo Rules

quote:
Originally posted by boettcht
DVDerek,

I came up with a way to make the Tivo Server a service. It takes about 10 minutes to do. I have been running it as a service since late April with no problems. The instructions can be found here:Post 1152544

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I knew that part could be done, I've just been too lazy to do it. I'm more concerned with part #2. If I get some spare time I'm going to look into this...

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 07:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

If you're really just looking for a solution and not a coding project, you might want to check out J River Media. I use a Mac, so I obviously haven't tried it, but other folks have (a search should pull up some threads on it). I believe it can do on the fly conversion from Microsofts proprietary WMP format to MP3s (OK, my antiWindows bias slipped though a little there).

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Monolyth710 is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Monolyth710 Find more posts by Monolyth710 Add Monolyth710 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Monolyth710
TiVo Generation

I give "J Rivers Media" a big "THUMBS UP". I installed it after the TiVo Publisher started crashing Windows XP. The Media Center works great and yes it does on the fly conversions to MP3 for TiVo playback.
The interface could use a little tweaking but I'm not complaining - at least it works.

Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.6

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timcolson is offline Old Post 07-14-2003 05:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timcolson Find more posts by timcolson Add timcolson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timcolson

Howdy folks -
Has anyone gotten the example Perl code to run on a windows box? On Unix?

I've been trying to get the example to run, but the example sends back XML that fails to parse correctly in IE/Mozilla.

My TiVo doesn't even acknowledge that the server is available.

Looking for anybody else who's actually working with the perl code.

Timo

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dargon is offline Old Post 07-14-2003 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dargon Find more posts by Dargon Add Dargon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dargon

WMP playlist files work fine for me with Tivo Publisher. I just drag the .asx file into the "published music" pane and Tivo sees and reads them with no problem. Are you guys talking about something else?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged