TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Remote Requests <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mikul00 is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikul00 Find more posts by mikul00 Add mikul00 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikul00

Remote Requests

I was wondering how much time prior to the airing of the actual program must the remote request be given. Also has anyone noticed that even though the unit is connected to an "always on" Internet network connection, it does not update continuously? Can this be changed?

This may cause it from missing some requests?! I don't know...just wondering.

Just started and got all hooked up last night. Absolutely incredible...hooked up to my stereo, and am listening to all my PC music!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

VinceA is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for VinceA Find more posts by VinceA Add VinceA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VinceA
Advanced Member

My S2 seems to poll the 'net for changes about every 15 minutes or so. I've made requests within an hour of airing and they got processed (but your mileage may vary)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikul00 is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikul00 Find more posts by mikul00 Add mikul00 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikul00

Vince, when checking out "settings" it appears that "the next scheduled update" is to be tomorrow!

I think I'll just wait and see

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikul00 is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 01:06 AM
mikul00

Nevermind!!... I just got an email from the system saying that it received the request and it is now scheduled!

Outstanding...I havn't been this excited about "new technology" since i got my first 8088!!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

quote:
Originally posted by mikul00
Vince, when checking out "settings" it appears that "the next scheduled update" is to be tomorrow!

I think I'll just wait and see

That's the next scheduled guide update. The HMO-enabled, internet connected TiVo essentially pings the Internet every 15 minutes or so. If it sees a remote scheduling event waiting for it, it goes ahead and does a "mini-connect" where the remote scheduling information is brought in and processed.

Remote scheduling works with a HMO-enabled TiVo that uses dial-up as well except there is no 15 minute ping. It won't pull down the remote scheduling information until it does a regular connection session.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PrimeRisk is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PrimeRisk Find more posts by PrimeRisk Add PrimeRisk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

That is the next scheduled "call" to retrieve guide data. Your TiVo will check in with TiVo Central more often.

Series 2 TiVo TCD240080, 80 hours - Lifetime Subscription w/HMO - Haulin' Tres
Series 2 DTiVos (3 x DSR7000s), 120+ hours
HDTiVo HR10-250, 200SD/30HD hours

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged