TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Stream AOL Radio to TiVo? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kbrehm is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kbrehm Find more posts by kbrehm Add kbrehm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kbrehm

Stream AOL Radio to TiVo?

I'm interested in streaming AOL Radio to TiVo using the HMO. Has anyone been successful with this? I'm assuming not, since AOL Radio uses Dolby's "AAC" format, and TiVo supposedly only supports "MP3".

But I have seen other posts from Apple users who have successfully streamed their iTunes. Apple's iTunes Store only uses the "AAC" format. Which would lead me to believe that these users only have MP3's in their streaming iTunes folder.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 06:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

As of right now TiVo only supports MP3 files. However they are planning to release software for the Mac that will allow it to support AAC sometime in the near future.

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 07:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: Stream AOL Radio to TiVo?

quote:
Originally posted by kbrehm
I'm interested in streaming AOL Radio to TiVo using the HMO. Has anyone been successful with this? I'm assuming not, since AOL Radio uses Dolby's "AAC" format, and TiVo supposedly only supports "MP3".

But I have seen other posts from Apple users who have successfully streamed their iTunes. Apple's iTunes Store only uses the "AAC" format. Which would lead me to believe that these users only have MP3's in their streaming iTunes folder.

While the iTunes Music Store only uses AAC, iTunes itself can do MP3 or AAC. What I do right now is burn my AAC files to an audio CD and then rip them back as MP3s. It's a kludge, but it does work. So, yes, all I have is MP3s in iTunes (as far as the TiVo is concerned).

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 08:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

There was a posting a while ago that TiVo/Apple would be looking to add support for AAC files to TiVo desktop.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged