TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> What's the percentage of Mac users? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
examb is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 07:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for examb Find more posts by examb Add examb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
examb

What's the percentage of Mac users?

Does anyone know if Tivo has published a breakdown between Mac and Windows user? I ask because I suspect that whereas mac has a less than 5 percent market share, it may be much higher among Tivo users: cool technology and Mac users tend to be early adapters.

With the advent of HMO, I suspect that Mac users (if they knew about it) are ideal customers. Although the hardware is not at all Mac friendly (for wireless, as well as wired networks) the Mac software (iTunes and iPhoto) are made for Tivo.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

S.Hauck is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 07:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for S.Hauck Visit S.Hauck's homepage! Find more posts by S.Hauck Add S.Hauck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Hauck

I would tend to agree. Mac users would seem to be the type that would key into TiVo and HMO. I have a iMac and have set up HMO. I love the whole "digital hub" idea and find the iMac and TiVo a nice combination.

Of course I'm still wating for TiVo to allow HMO to access AAC music files from my iTunes.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgoldstein2000 is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 09:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jgoldstein2000 Find more posts by jgoldstein2000 Add jgoldstein2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgoldstein2000

quote:
Originally posted by S.Hauck

Of course I'm still wating for TiVo to allow HMO to access AAC music files from my iTunes.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zwheeloc is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zwheeloc Find more posts by zwheeloc Add zwheeloc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zwheeloc

Why doesn't Apple try and make a deal with DirecTV to have the HDVR2s be HMO enabled like they did with TiVo and their SAs? DirecTV could benefit because more people would buy other receivers to network them throughout their homes. The ability for Mac users to do music and photos would then be there. Now, what would Apple get out of the deal?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ufo4sale is offline Old Post 07-03-2003 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ufo4sale Find more posts by ufo4sale Add ufo4sale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ufo4sale
TiVo Forum Special Member

Because DirecTv doesn't know how to run their own company

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 07-03-2003 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

Back to the topic --

I have a whole house full of Mac & TiVo users here. In addition to the two TiVo units there are 3 iBooks, 1 PowerBook G4, 1 PowerMac G4 (dual 1GHz), 1 iMac (revision A), 1 PowerMac 7600, 1 LC III, 1 LC, and 1 SE/30 (we've been collecting Macs for longer than we've been collecting TiVo's)

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

VinceA is offline Old Post 07-03-2003 04:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for VinceA Find more posts by VinceA Add VinceA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VinceA
Advanced Member

No Macs here.... just two Series 2's and 3-5 WinXP PCs (depends on how many notebooks I lugged home from work)

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BimmerDob is offline Old Post 07-04-2003 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BimmerDob Find more posts by BimmerDob Add BimmerDob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BimmerDob

I'm a Mac user too, and just switch from C-Band sat to DirecTV w/ Tivo. Given M$s push into the tivo space with HP and others, I'd say its even a better bet that Tivo users are Mac users, more then the PC domain in general (5%).

Also, I thought read that the Apple Store or Web site was going to start to sell Tivos.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged