TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Specials on TiVo fees <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AddictedToTV is offline Old Post 07-09-2003 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AddictedToTV Find more posts by AddictedToTV Add AddictedToTV to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AddictedToTV

Talking Specials on TiVo fees

Does TiVo ever offer specials on the monthly/lifetime subscription fees? How about specials on the HomeMediaOption fee?

Combo deals, on sale this month, rebate, etc?

The reason I'm asking is that I just purchased a brand new TiVo unit to give as a gift to my parents this month. I'm planning to go for the $299 lifetime subscription, and maybe the $99 HomeMediaOption. The only feature of the HomeMediaOption that we are likely to use is the remote scheduling from internet; ReplayTV gives you that for free; TiVo charges $99. Ugh!

Past specials might give a hint as to whether specials will be offered in the future.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hunter Green is offline Old Post 07-09-2003 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hunter Green Visit Hunter Green's homepage! Find more posts by Hunter Green Add Hunter Green to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

I don't know of any, but I do remember a time when the lifetime subscription fee was going up, but we had a last chance to buy in before it did. Fortunately for me, that was within my first month with a TiVo, so I did.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MichaelK is offline Old Post 07-10-2003 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MichaelK Find more posts by MichaelK Add MichaelK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MichaelK
TiVo Forum Special Member

never been a "sale" or dicsount on service to my knowledge.

THey do seem to give warning of impending increases though.

A couple times they have done things with people who already have lifetime (some early folks were allowed one swap, and more recenetly you could swap lifetime on a series one unit to a series 2) but no discounts on teh service.

Plenty of sales and rebates on the hardware over time.

I assume you know if there is more than one unit on your account the 2nd and subsequent units get HMO for 1/2 price. (so if you have it for yourself and put the gift on your account you can get it for 1/2 price. But dont expect the show sharing to work between more than one location)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MediaLivingRoom is offline Old Post 07-11-2003 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MediaLivingRoom Visit MediaLivingRoom's homepage! Find more posts by MediaLivingRoom Add MediaLivingRoom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MediaLivingRoom
Special Ed Student

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=121614

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MichaelK is offline Old Post 07-13-2003 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MichaelK Find more posts by MichaelK Add MichaelK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MichaelK
TiVo Forum Special Member

open mouth

insert foot

excuse me while i go eat my words

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

d_anders is offline Old Post 07-13-2003 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for d_anders Find more posts by d_anders Add d_anders to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d_anders

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelK
open mouth

insert foot

excuse me while i go eat my words

Don't feel bad, this is the first special I've seen on any of their subscription services since 2000.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged