TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Linux <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
snafilter is offline Old Post 07-09-2003 06:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snafilter Find more posts by snafilter Add snafilter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snafilter

Linux

Hey everyone,

Just got my Tivo Series 2 with HMO. I know that there is nothing on the Tivo website regarding Tivo Media Server being hosted on a Linux box. I have all my mp3s on the linux server so that i can stream through the web to all my PS's.

Anyone have suggestions if its been attempted before?

Thank Yoy

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zathrus is offline Old Post 07-09-2003 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zathrus Find more posts by Zathrus Add Zathrus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zathrus

Do a search and you'll find at least 3 different HMO on Linux projects out there.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 07-10-2003 11:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twn2 Find more posts by twn2 Add twn2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twn2

I just registered today and I already have my first opinion. Rather than saying there are at least 3 out there, you might want to say, "here are the 3 I know of," or "I don't know what they are, but I know there are 3 out there." It seems you know, but don't want to share your information with others. The Linux community doesn't operate that way.

That's my 2 cents.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikedaly is offline Old Post 07-10-2003 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikedaly Find more posts by mikedaly Add mikedaly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikedaly
You want what when?

quote:
Originally posted by twn2
I just registered today and I already have my first opinion. Rather than saying there are at least 3 out there, you might want to say, "here are the 3 I know of," or "I don't know what they are, but I know there are 3 out there." It seems you know, but don't want to share your information with others. The Linux community doesn't operate that way.

That's my 2 cents.

Zathrus' point was that the information is right here on this board in other threads, easily found by using the search function right here on this board. New users should learn to use it. Questions should be asked after the answers were not readily forthcoming from doing a search (which would have taken less time than posting anyway).

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 07-10-2003 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for twn2 Find more posts by twn2 Add twn2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twn2

quote:
Originally posted by mikedaly
Zathrus' point was that the information is right here on this board in other threads, easily found by using the search function right here on this board. New users should learn to use it. Questions should be asked after the answers were not readily forthcoming from doing a search (which would have taken less time than posting anyway).

I just searched "linux tivo desktop" and "linux desktop" and got nothing. This is *my* point. If it's here and someone knows about it, take an extra 10 seconds to write it in. After all you're taking the time to respond to someone, why not be really helpful and give them what they ask for....if you know. No one knows if the original poster already looked for it and came up with the same conclusions I did....which is nothing.

Tom

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

maharg18 is offline Old Post 07-10-2003 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for maharg18 Find more posts by maharg18 Add maharg18 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maharg18
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by twn2
I just searched "linux tivo desktop" and "linux desktop" and got nothing. This is *my* point. If it's here and someone knows about it, take an extra 10 seconds to write it in. After all you're taking the time to respond to someone, why not be really helpful and give them what they ask for....if you know. No one knows if the original poster already looked for it and came up with the same conclusions I did....which is nothing.

Tom

"linux hmo" turns up this one as well as several others:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...light=hmo+linux

HR10-250 HD Directivo
DSR704 SD Directivo

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 07-11-2003 04:17 AM
twn2

quote:
Originally posted by maharg18
"linux hmo" turns up this one as well as several others:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...light=hmo+linux

Thanks for the information. I too am trying to find something based on Linux. As you can see, I tried to find something, but never would have guessed using hmo.

Thanks,
Tom

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Porch_Llama is offline Old Post 07-13-2003 04:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Porch_Llama Find more posts by Porch_Llama Add Porch_Llama to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Porch_Llama

I would try Wine, or some other kind of Emu. software for linux. I have not tried this, so if you have success, let us know!!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Porch_Llama is offline Old Post 07-13-2003 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Porch_Llama Find more posts by Porch_Llama Add Porch_Llama to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Porch_Llama

Just found this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ptivohmo/
Hope this is helpful

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged