TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> FYI: if you bought HMO in last 30 days <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
seattleht is offline Old Post 07-14-2003 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seattleht Find more posts by seattleht Add seattleht to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seattleht

FYI: if you bought HMO in last 30 days

TIVO will credit back the difference in what you paid vs the current HMO special price ($40 discount). You will not have to cancel under their 30 day money back guarantee and repurchase at special price.

Customer Service was very accomodating and fast on this issue for me.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CTLesq is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 08:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CTLesq Find more posts by CTLesq Add CTLesq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CTLesq
Oppressor

Yes I called, and while I was confused, they knew what they were doing. I was quite pleased. And exceptionally fortunate - 3 days later and no luck!

CTL

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jenifyr is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 09:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jenifyr Find more posts by jenifyr Add jenifyr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jenifyr

I'm confused What's the special price? Isn't it $99, or is it less now??

Thanks

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CTLesq is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 10:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CTLesq Find more posts by CTLesq Add CTLesq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CTLesq
Oppressor

The full price from the inception of HMO was $99. Three months later TiVo offered a special promotion to lower the price by $40.

Now that put those of us that ordered HMO within 30 days of the promotion in an interesting position. Under the terms of HMO we can cancel within 30 days. Therefore it would stand to reason we could cancel and then re-order HMO at the discounted price.

TiVo, IMO did the right thing by allowing us, who were in our cancellation peiriod, to get the $40 deal without a hassle.

Now there is a larger debate as to wether this is fair to the "early adoptors" of HMO but there are other threads that deal with that.

Hope it helps!

CTL

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScubaCat is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ScubaCat Find more posts by ScubaCat Add ScubaCat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScubaCat

Just to be clear on this....Is this automatic or do I have to call and request the refund?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CTLesq is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 08:10 PM
CTLesq
Oppressor

ScubaCat -

I don't know if it is automatic or not. I think given all our combined experiences with businesses, well intentioned or not, it would be worth making the call.

I called and was assured I would recieve a refund/rebate. I also have an "incident" number if that refund/rebate doesn't happen, which I believe it will.

CTL

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccoulson is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccoulson Find more posts by ccoulson Add ccoulson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccoulson

How do you get the promotion?

I just got my TiVo yesterday and when I activated it, including HMO, the price was $99. I did this through the website. How to I get the $40 discount?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScubaCat is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ScubaCat Find more posts by ScubaCat Add ScubaCat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScubaCat

ccoulson -

It sounds like we need to call. I just last week upgraded to TiVo2 with HMO and was also charged $99. I'm going to call tonight. I don't think there is a way to do this through the website.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

seattleht is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seattleht Find more posts by seattleht Add seattleht to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seattleht

you will need to call to get the credit between the list price and discount price. it is NOT automatic.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

seanb724 is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seanb724 Visit seanb724's homepage! Find more posts by seanb724 Add seanb724 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seanb724

There is a 2nd stipulation in the offering -- that you had to use a broadband connection before 7/8. Well I ordered my tivo on 7/7 and received it and had it running on 7/9. But the s/w update I needed to go from 3.x to 4.0 didn't occur until the night of 7/10 (I forced it), so apparently I'm not eligible for the promo. :-(

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skanter is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skanter Find more posts by skanter Add skanter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skanter
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by seanb724
There is a 2nd stipulation in the offering -- that you had to use a broadband connection before 7/8. Well I ordered my tivo on 7/7 and received it and had it running on 7/9. But the s/w update I needed to go from 3.x to 4.0 didn't occur until the night of 7/10 (I forced it), so apparently I'm not eligible for the promo. :-(

According to the rep at Tivo, this is not true. You NEED a broadband connection, but you get the discount anyway, even if you don't have the connection yet.

unknown

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScubaCat is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 06:19 PM
ScubaCat

quote:
Originally posted by skanter
According to the rep at TiVo, this is not true. You NEED a broadband connection, but you get the discount anyway, even if you don't have the connection yet.

That's not what I was told last night. The rep told me I was not eligible even though I signed up at the right time and have broadband. I'm still working out the kinks in my wireless system, so I still use the phone call update to TiVo. No refund for me.

Perhaps this promotion is to get more of this very specific type customer on board with HMO, but the ill will they are generating can't be worth it! At the very least they should get all their reps on the same page and not tell one customer one story and another customer a different story.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Flowbee is offline Old Post 07-19-2003 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flowbee Find more posts by Flowbee Add Flowbee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flowbee

What phone number are you all calling for the discount?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged