TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO website suggestions <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joe Schmuck is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Schmuck Visit Joe Schmuck's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Schmuck Add Joe Schmuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Schmuck
The local Schmuck

Talking HMO website suggestions

Well I've only use HMO for a few days and I like it. First I paid only $50.00 (glad I held out) and second, scheduling programs is much easier and faster than using the TiVo remote control.

I have a few suggestions for the website, changes I'd like to see:

1. Plant a cookie for automatic logon. Of course this should be user selectable and off by default. This would enable a much faster home user logon and even for the folks on the road with thier laptops it would benifit them. Of course if your on a remote computer, say at work, then OFF would be good there. Also, this cookie option should not be stored in the user profile at TiVo.com and should be solely computer specific.

2. On the Record screen, where there is a checkmark for emailing you the results of your request. That should be part of your TiVo.com profile and no matter where you sign in, it will remember if you desire email or not. I for one would desire the email message all the time just to ensure I would get my recording or not.

3. Last... I know this doesn't happen now but I'm certain TiVo.com collects this information, is to have online your complete To Do List, Wish List, Season Pass Manager, and be able to view/adjust/alter those settings while online.

I'm certain others have spoken this but I'd just like to speak out again.

Joe

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Succorso is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 05:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Succorso Find more posts by Succorso Add Succorso to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Succorso

How do you get Hmo for $50 ?

Succorso

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joe Schmuck is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Schmuck Visit Joe Schmuck's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Schmuck Add Joe Schmuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Schmuck
The local Schmuck

quote:
Originally posted by Succorso
How do you get Hmo for $50 ?

Succorso

They have a special going on right now for anyone that doesn't have HMO and does have version 4 software. It runs between I think the 11th of this month to the end of it.

They will charge the full amount on your credit card and around Aug 15th they will refund $40.00. You should have a message from TiVo on your TiVo and email too.

Email they sent me below....

Joe

-----------------------------------------------
Between now and July 31, 2003, take advantage of a limited-time offer
to buy the Home Media Option premium feature package for just $59*.
That's a $40 savings off the regular one-time fee of $99!

Since you're a TiVo(R) subscriber with broadband, you're now ready to
enjoy the latest features in networked home entertainment, like Digital
Photos and Digital Music. And with Remote Scheduling, you can schedule
recordings anytime and anyplace you have access to a web browser and
Internet connection!

To take advantage of this offer:

- Sign in to http://www/tivo.com/tryit before July 31, 2003, and buy
Home Media Option at the regular one-time fee of $99.

- On or around August 15th, 2003, look for a refund on your credit card
in the amount of $40.

Again, this is a limited-time offer of unprecedented savings! It's never
been a better time to take your Series2(TM) DVR to the next exciting
level of entertainment. For more information on the Home Media Option
package, go to http://www.tivo.com/media.

* Not valid with any other promotional offer. Terms and conditions apply.
Visit http://www.tivo.com/Julydiscount.

** We're only sending this offer to registered customers of TiVo -- in
other words, this message isn't spam. However, if you've somehow
received this message in error, or no longer want to receive occasional
e-mail updates about TiVo, please reply to remove@tivo.com and we'll
remove you from the email list immediately and permanently.
----------------------------------------------------------------

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Succorso is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Succorso Find more posts by Succorso Add Succorso to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Succorso

Ahhh. I probably did not get the message cause I have a series 1. I am getting the series 2 very soon, hopefully by the end of the month, so I can take advantage of this deal. Thanks.

Succorso

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdscott is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdscott Visit mdscott's homepage! Find more posts by mdscott Add mdscott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdscott
TiVo Forum Special Member

I like the flexibility of changing e-mail addresses. When I am at work I want the confirmations to come there and when I schedule from home it should go there.

mds

Mac G4 867 OS X 10.3.7

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wilfried is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 07:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wilfried Find more posts by wilfried Add wilfried to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilfried

I'd like an option to add users able to login to the HMO site but w/o access to my account with TiVo, CC info etc...

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

valylev is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 05:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for valylev Find more posts by valylev Add valylev to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valylev

One more suggestion:
allow access from WAP browser. This way one can program the DVR remotely from a cell phone e.g., when no regular access to internet is available.

Is anybody from Tivo listening?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grue is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for grue Find more posts by grue Add grue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grue

quote:
Originally posted by Succorso
Ahhh. I probably did not get the message cause I have a series 1. I am getting the series 2 very soon, hopefully by the end of the month, so I can take advantage of this deal. Thanks.

Succorso

I purchased a tivo on 7/11. I called them up and they told me that I had to have had a broadband connection prior to 7/7 to get the rebate. (although I probably wouldn't have thought to hook up the broadband without the HMO anyway).

Unfortunately, a week late!

Tom

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged