TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> I can not get Tivo to publish my photos and Music!! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steadicamp is offline Old Post 07-23-2003 12:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for steadicamp Find more posts by steadicamp Add steadicamp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steadicamp

I can not get Tivo to publish my photos and Music!!

I have Tivo series 2 and Powerbook G4 and everything is working fine wirelessly, I am using regular Airport "B", but I can't get Tivo to publish my photos or music on the TV! I have done all that they ask but I keep getting a message from my Tivo that says:
Problem with the server, it must be busy,please try again, etc.

Is there some sort of Friewall in my Airport that Tivo can not get by?I have turned all Firewall off on my computer too. It somehow can not access my files. Thanks for your replies or help!
Steve

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScubaCat is offline Old Post 07-23-2003 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ScubaCat Find more posts by ScubaCat Add ScubaCat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScubaCat

I had the same problem. Search for the thread on HMO and Mac Firewall for more info.

TiVo has a help file on their website with detailed instructions on how to fix it. The instructions are under the heading "My DVR Cannot Find my Music or Photos Server (Macintosh) - Search Reference Number 07-82-01.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steadicamp is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 08:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for steadicamp Find more posts by steadicamp Add steadicamp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steadicamp

Thank you for the info, I will try it!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 07-24-2003 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

In case you have trouble locating it, the article is here.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steadicamp is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 05:55 AM
steadicamp

it still didn't work!!!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

themacjedi is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for themacjedi Visit themacjedi's homepage! Find more posts by themacjedi Add themacjedi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
themacjedi

Try this, Stop TiVo Desktop
Restart the computer
open iTunes and add an album (so the database gets updated), then quit
open iPhoto and add an album (so the database gets updated), then quit
Now Start TiVo Desktop
wait atleast 3 minute (or more)
check TiVo Mucis & Photos

If at this point you do not see your stuff make sure that you turn off the built-in FireWall for OS X.

It does not sound to me that you have determined where the problems is yet. Mac, TiVo, Router, FireWall, Local Network, find out exactly where the problem is for better help.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steadicamp is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 02:39 AM
steadicamp

Thanks for the tips, I will try it!
Steve

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kindred is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 10:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kindred Find more posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kindred

I know this sounds stupid, but you do have your pc on and on-line don't you?

Jack

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged