TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> $99, $59, or free? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jg867 is offline Old Post 08-07-2003 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jg867 Find more posts by jg867 Add jg867 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jg867

$99, $59, or free?

I'm confused. My understanding is that at some point I'm going to get a message on my TiVo asking if I want to try HMO (which I do!!!).

I have seen no such message

Moreover, I got an email from Tivo with a subject of "Home Media Option: Only $59, Limited Time!" When I follow the links and try to sign up, it says that it's $99 -- same ol' web form.

So... my questions:
1) Is there a free trial? if so, how do I really get it?
2) If I'm not eligible for some reason (just got my TiVo a month ago??) how do I at least get it for $59 instead of $99?

Thanks,

-jg

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 08-07-2003 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

You pay $99. Then get a $40 rebate...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-07-2003 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: $99, $59, or free?

quote:
Originally posted by jg867
[B]I'm confused. My understanding is that at some point I'm going to get a message on my TiVo asking if I want to try HMO (which I do!!!).

So... my questions:
1) Is there a free trial? if so, how do I really get it?

[B]

The Free Trial showcase ran from July 28 - August 2nd. If you didn't receive it, you can send me a PM with your name and TiVo service number and I will sign you up for the trial (it will take 2-3 days).

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cejay is offline Old Post 08-09-2003 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cejay Find more posts by cejay Add cejay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cejay

What about the people who bought HMO for the full 99$..
arent they due some sort of rebate?

They did have a 30day return policy back then.. but no talk
of getting it for less.

I feel a bit shafted, esp being a long time tivo user (since 14hr models were around)
cj

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 08-09-2003 05:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

If you plan on buying a TiVo today, is it too late to get the free trial, or do I have to pay the $59?

Jake

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged