TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> 2 Tivo's / Homewide Music <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeremy3721 is offline Old Post 08-20-2003 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeremy3721 Find more posts by jeremy3721 Add jeremy3721 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeremy3721

2 Tivo's / Homewide Music

Anyone have recommendations for the best way to use HMO to use my MP3's throughout my home. I want to access them out by my pool as well. Is the quality good enough that I could setup a home theater system on each tivo unit so that I could use my collection in practically every room?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cbordman is offline Old Post 08-20-2003 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cbordman Find more posts by cbordman Add cbordman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbordman
Turn your key!!

i've done this with 1 Tivo. Bought a Video Modulator from radio shack ($25). The TiVo output is broadcast on channel 123 of my tv cable. Now i can tune any TV in the house to channel 123 and see what the TIVO is doing. Then i bought an RF remote from radio shack (15-2117, $50) and can control the TIVo from anywhere in the house.

I'm sure there are other ways to do the same thing. But i'm not a fan of wireless technologies, so having the signal embedded into the TV cable was fast, easy, and cheap.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeremy3721 is offline Old Post 08-21-2003 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeremy3721 Find more posts by jeremy3721 Add jeremy3721 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeremy3721

Can you give a little bit more detail on how you set this up? Does the cable wire allow for signals to travel to the tivo and back to the rest of the house as well?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cbordman is offline Old Post 08-21-2003 07:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cbordman Find more posts by cbordman Add cbordman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbordman
Turn your key!!

this is the modulator:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...%5Fid=15%2D1243

it has inputs for L/R and video. I hooked up the 2nd set of outputs from the TIVO to this modulator. The modulator has a COAX out. It will output the TIVO signal to whatever channel you set on the modulator box. SO that gives you a TV coax with 1 channel.

Then, you can take a 2 way splitter and use it in reverse. It will combine your 1 tivo channel, with all the channels that you are getting from your cable company.

So the hardest part, depending on your house, is running a coax from the modulator to the point where your cable enters the house. If you combine the signals at the entry point, then every TV in your house will get the channel.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cbordman is offline Old Post 08-21-2003 07:23 AM
cbordman
Turn your key!!

you can find better descriptions or other examples here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/foru....php?forumid=36

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged