TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> "watched program" marker <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
c3 is offline Old Post 02-09-2001 04:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for c3 Find more posts by c3 Add c3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c3
TiVoholic

Talking "watched program" marker

One great thing about TiVo is that many programs can be stored on the same unit, and they can be watched in any order. However, with a long list of programs, I don't know if a program has already been watched from the "now showing" listing. It would be nice if a flag can be set after a program has been played back, with the user option to clear that flag (for deletion priority). When TiVo needs space for new programs, the watched programs can be deleted before unwatched "yellow exclamation" programs. This feature would allow me to keep my recordings as long as possible, without having to delete watched programs to keep the listing organized.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-16-2001 10:49 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thomas Moore, Jr

Talking

This is a great idea. Ideally, TiVo would accommodate "watched program" markers for multiple users (ie "family TiVo"). That way, I won't save a program for someone else in my household to watch if they've already watched it. Once all users have watched a show, it's ready to be deleted sooner than shows that haven't been watched by everyone.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bilbrey is offline Old Post 02-16-2001 02:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bilbrey Visit Bilbrey's homepage! Find more posts by Bilbrey Add Bilbrey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bilbrey

Talking

I agree that a watched program indicator would be nice, and even better if it could handle multiple 'users'.

Further, I would like to see the multiple users concept extended to suggestions. With indicators as to who's suggestions caused a program to be recorded. As more storage is available, this becomes more of an issue.

And if there were multiple users, would you need permission to delete another users recorded programs? This regardless if watched, or not.

Something else to watch out for, sometimes I will 'watch' a show and then later want to record it to a VCR. (I don't watch it when I record it to VCR because I like to pause and/or repeat as needed while watching.) If the 'watched' indicator was automatic, I would like to be able to reset it so that my wife did not think I was done with it and delete the program before I could 'save to VCR'.

Brett

------------------
Experience is the one thing you get, right after you need it.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged