TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Activating Music and Photo options <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JayAspinall is offline Old Post 10-12-2003 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JayAspinall Find more posts by JayAspinall Add JayAspinall to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JayAspinall

Question Activating Music and Photo options

OK, color me confused... But I purchased the HMO option today and sucessfully installed the wireless adaptor (the recommened Microsoft one). The connection to TIVO with the network works just peachy. I even tested scheduling a recording via the web. It worked fine. I also installed the HMO desktop on a laptop that is hardwired to my network hub. All good so far. When I look at the setting on my DVR it says under the HMO option that photo and music are 'inactive'. How do they get 'activated'? I did check that the multi-room option was activated from both the desktop and from the client central website. I did connect to the TIVO service several times. I did 'restart' the DVR.... I'm at a loss now...

Also, should I see the DVR from my laptop as a network device? Does the domain name on my network matter? I do have WEP encryption enabled and again, the DVR recognizes the network and all is good there. What did I miss?

TIA!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsnaider is offline Old Post 10-12-2003 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsnaider Find more posts by rsnaider Add rsnaider to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsnaider
TiVo Forum Special Member

It can sometimes take a few hours for things to switch to Active after the purchase.

I would force a call if you have not already done so, and more than likely things will switch to Active shortly after the processing of that call completes.

TiVo | SERlES2 - 302 Hrs
TiVo | SONY SVR3000 - 273 Hrs

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JayAspinall is offline Old Post 10-12-2003 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JayAspinall Find more posts by JayAspinall Add JayAspinall to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JayAspinall

Thanks, its there now. Patience is a virture and if any of us could bottle it up and sell it...

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged