TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> "Convert to Title Wishlist" option <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jerobi is offline Old Post 11-06-2003 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jerobi Find more posts by jerobi Add jerobi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerobi
News/Deal Junkie

"Convert to Title Wishlist" option

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I think it would be great to streamline the process of adding a wishlist from the season pass menu. There are hundreds of popular shows that are better off (for most people) when recorded as a Wishlist item, allowing TiVo to span all channels when searching for episode to record.

For example: The Sopranos

If you create a season pass for The Sopranos, it will be limited to air dates/times when the show is on only a single channel. If you create a Wishlist instead, the same show can be recorded at other dates/times when aired on multiple HBO channels.

I think that a "Convert to Title Wishlist" option would be most convienient if placed at the bottom of the Season Pass Recording Options screen. Selecting it would simply begin the current process of creating a Title Wishlist for that show and taking the user to wishlist recording options, skipping the hassle of typing the name in letter-by-letter.

This would not only benefit higher-tier cable users (with multiple HBOs, etc), but viewers of regular network shows that are shared across basic cable networks (Law and Order, etc). I've found that in many cases a Wishlist is more useful to have, especially when changing zipcodes (you need to re-create a good number of SP's).

Comments?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nabsltd is offline Old Post 11-06-2003 08:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nabsltd Find more posts by nabsltd Add nabsltd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nabsltd

Re: "Convert to Title Wishlist" option

quote:
Originally posted by jerobi
I think that a "Convert to Title Wishlist" option would be most convienient if placed at the bottom of the Season Pass Recording Options screen. Selecting it would simply begin the current process of creating a Title Wishlist for that show and taking the user to wishlist recording options, skipping the hassle of typing the name in letter-by-letter.
How about just "create a Wishlist", and then give options for what type. Why? Because for a show like Friends, you need some keywords other than the title to restrict recording to the 6-people-in-a-coffee-house show.

Since you can't convert one type wishlist to another (which could also be a good idea), you need to build the right one from the start.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrettStah is offline Old Post 11-06-2003 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrettStah Find more posts by BrettStah Add BrettStah to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrettStah
TiVo Forum Special Member

Yep, I'd like some sort of Create a Wishlist option too. I've gotten really good at navigating around that grid with the letters, though!

It may be hard with the limited controls of the remote control, but to somehow have the ability to identify words or phrases from a show's guide data would be nice.

For example, if you're on the detail screen for a show and choose "Create a WishList", enable the arrow buttons to navigate from word to word of that show's guide data, having the current word be shown as highlighted text, and the Select button would add the highlighted word to the wishlist text. That way you could jump quickly through the text of a show, from the show title to the actors, etc.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

murgatroyd is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for murgatroyd Find more posts by murgatroyd Add murgatroyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murgatroyd

I'd like to see "add a Title Wishlist" as an option, below where "add a Season Pass" is on the menu.

It's perfect for all those PBS shows which might turn up on one of several different stations. You can always go in and edit it afterwards if you need to narrow things down.

But if you could start with a plain Title wishlist it would save some bopping around on the ouija board.

Jan

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrettStah is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrettStah Find more posts by BrettStah Add BrettStah to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrettStah

Yes, but if you wanted to edit the very beginning of the wishlist, you currently have to delete every character after the part you want to edit. It'd be nicer if you could move back and then insert new characters into an existing string of text.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged