Registered: Oct 2003
Location: Kenmore, WA
My experience buying from Solid Signal -- solidsignal.com
I have had a frustrating purchasing experience with this company, and thought I would post my experience here so that others can consider my experience to make an informed purchasing decision. I purchased from Solid Signal as it seems that they have a broad selection of gear as well as a solid website to order from. My experience, though, has been anything but solid.
I will post the sequence of events and let you draw your own conclusions...keep in mind that I am an avid internet purchaser of high-tech equipment and spent thousands of dollars this past year on big screen TVs, multiswitches, diplexers, HD tuners, antennas, Tivos, and computer equipment -- the vast majority of it purchased on the internet.
This is the first time I have felt the need to post anything related to a negative purchasing experience...this is mostly fueled by what I perceive to be a complete disregard for me as a customer. First I was given an incorrect order status, my emails are repeatedly ignored, and it is impossible to reach anyone at this company by phone directly -- the voice message directs customers to send inquiries via email.
1. Placed an order for a Channel Master 4221 antenna via the web the morning of 11/19, and paid by credit card. My credit card was charged for the amount of the purchase on 11/19.
2. Sent an email to Solid Signal early afternoon on 11/19 asking if my order would ship that day.
3. Received an email from Solid Signal shortly thereafter with a one word response: 'YES!'.
4. Morning of 11/24. Order still shows 'In Process' on their website. Sent email "Can you please send me a tracking #? Thanks". No response was received.
5. Morning of 11/26. Order still shows 'In Process' on their website. Sent an email "Can you send me a tracking # for this order? Thanks". No response was received.
6. Afternoon of 11/28. Order still shows 'In Process' on their website. Sent an email "Can you please let me know what is going on with this order? After sending you multiple emails and getting no response, I'm losing faith." No response was received.
7. 12/1, Order shows 'Shipped' on their website. In the field where the tracking number is supposed to be, the word 'Shipped' is instead. As you can imagine, no tracking information is available for the word 'Shipped'.
Evening of 12/2...I still don't have an antenna, no faith that it has in fact shipped, no idea when it will, and no way to reach someone to find out what the status is. If I go ahead and buy one from someone else I will invariably end up with two, but I am seriously considering it so I can make some progress on my HD project.
POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator
| IP: Logged