TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> ..thought I had asked in here...lol! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mdareau is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdareau Find more posts by mdareau Add mdareau to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdareau

Question ..thought I had asked in here...lol!

Anyone in here give me a suggestion on a ether/USB adapter for a wired Macintosh network? Already have the Media Option, ran my cables and lo and behold....DOH! Can't seem to find much help on the Tivo site.....all Windose!

Thanks in advance...

Mark

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KermitTheFrog is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KermitTheFrog Visit KermitTheFrog's homepage! Find more posts by KermitTheFrog Add KermitTheFrog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KermitTheFrog
Is that a Garaffe?

Are you looking for an Ethernet USB adaptor for the MAC or for the Tivo? If you are talking about the Tivo, (I'm guessing your MAC already has ethernet as most do) it's platform independant. Any USB Ethernet adaptor listed on Tivo's site will work just fine.

KC

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdareau is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdareau Find more posts by mdareau Add mdareau to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdareau

It's on the Tivo end, I ran my ether downstairs and realized it's USB at the Tivo..Before I forget, I appreciate the response, but one question....if I don't have to worry about the platform, how does one work with the drivers??

Thanks.....Ribbit!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

The drivers are already in the TiVo software. The list of TiVo supported adapters can be found at http://www.tivo.com/adapters

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mattman is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mattman Find more posts by mattman Add mattman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattman
Deep In The Mattcave

The drivers are already on your TiVo, so all you need to do is plug in the adapter and you're ready to go. It's about as easy a setup as I can imagine.

Matt

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 04:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

Beat you to it, Matt

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdareau is offline Old Post 12-28-2003 04:27 AM
mdareau

Hey guys, appreciate all the input, guess I'll be heading to the Compusa soon and will let ya know!

Thanks!

and Bob....maybe Matt's just cold? <--ducking!!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdareau is offline Old Post 12-29-2003 02:32 AM
mdareau

Hey there....thought I'd update and ask another?....thanks again for all the help, I am on line! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! lol, I am so easily entertained!

But...I did all my Tivo set-ups, enabled local sharing on the server side and all....iTunes popped right in and seems to work flawlessly, iPhoto though...hummmm, here's what I see and can't seem to find the error....

Tivo Desktop options (ie,publish, etc) are greyed when I select photos, and the tivo sees music but not photos

The "Name" function on the bottom of the Tivo desktop allows names, so I have tried a similar name (like it automatically had seen for music), but this does nothing...

The iPhoto library files seem to be in their proper place, like the music.....

I figure it's not seeing a sharing function somwhere, but I don't see where it needs to be changed.....

Any thoughts....gonna keep looking.....

Mark

UPDATE.....thanks to Bob on a previous post, I deleted a photo from iPhoto and it suddenly wanted to work....that's one *strange* fix.....but, I'll take it!

Last edited by mdareau on 12-29-2003 at 02:50 AM

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mattman is offline Old Post 12-29-2003 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mattman Find more posts by mattman Add mattman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattman
Deep In The Mattcave

quote:
Originally posted by mdareau
and Bob....maybe Matt's just cold? <--ducking!!

Frozen fingers find it hard to type. But then I really should look into getting my igloo heated.

Matt

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged