TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Any compatible 54MB USB Network Adapters for HMO? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
krar4 is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 11:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krar4 Find more posts by krar4 Add krar4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krar4

Any compatible 54MB USB Network Adapters for HMO?

I'm using the Netgear WGR614 wireless router which is capable of 54MB/sec transfers. The only USB Network Adapters I see on the "Approved for HMO" list are only capable of 11MB/sec transfers. I'd like to get an adapter that matches the speed capability of my router. Are there any that are approved?

Also - I've got my request already entered for the required TIVO upgrade for wireless connectivity.

Thanks!
Rick

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

Currently the only way you can do a 802.11g setup is to combine an 802.11g wireless ethernet "bridge" (or game adapter) together with a TiVo-supported ethernet USB adapter.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

krar4 is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krar4 Find more posts by krar4 Add krar4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krar4

Bob,

How do I do that? Sorry, but the wireless thing is very new for me.

Thanks!
Rick

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pcar1947 is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 11:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pcar1947 Find more posts by pcar1947 Add pcar1947 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pcar1947

Follow thread below

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...hreadid=149224.

TIVO 2 80 Hr, HMO, JavaHMO
Linksys USB 10/100 Network Adapter WGA54G Game adapters
Pioneer 810 JavaHMO Linksys USB 10/100 Network Adapter WGA54G Game adapters
Linksys Wireless G Router

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

coldtoes is offline Old Post 01-18-2004 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for coldtoes Find more posts by coldtoes Add coldtoes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coldtoes
vermicious knid

TiVo Pony mentioned in another thread that support for 802.11g adapters is in the works, so hopefully we'll see that later this year. But keep in mind that currently TiVo only supports USB 1.1, which I think maxes out at 12MB. So they'll need to enable support for USB 2.0 as well for us to see much benefit (and even then, my 60-hr TiVo will be SOL, since unlike the 80-hr and newer 40-hrs, it doesn't have a 2.0-capable USB port.)

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged