TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers. <<<

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scottchez is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 05:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers.

Value Electronics (V.E) is SOLD OUT of all HD Tivos till May.

That other Thread seems to be flooded with V.E. posts. V.E. is a sponsor if this board so I would love to buy from them, but you cant till MAY.

This Thread is for Finding and comunicating information on OTHER Sites and Stores that are now taking Pre-Orders on the HD TIVO.

Fact is, the only way to get a HD Tivo on Release date is to either happen to be at the store with it comes in OR to find an other online retailer or store taking Pre-Orders.

I have heard of Good Guys, but there are no stores around here with in 10 states.

Soon, there has to be some other stores taking Pre-Orders.

The Hunt is on. . . . were down to 4 weeks left ( a normal pre-order wait time).

Good Luck.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

Question

Is there an announced and confirmed release date for these HD Tivos?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MCodanti is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MCodanti Find more posts by MCodanti Add MCodanti to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCodanti

Re: Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers.

quote:
Originally posted by scottchez
Value Electronics (V.E) is SOLD OUT of all HD Tivos till May.

That other Thread seems to be flooded with V.E. posts. V.E. is a sponsor if this board so I would love to buy from them, but you cant till MAY.

Where are you getting that information? All I can see on their site is that if you order by the 18th of March it will ship no later than the first week of May. It could ship the first week of April if they make enough of them.

And I don't know of any other place that is offering 10% off (with $100 down, which they will give back if you can get it elsewhere sooner than they ship.)

So it seems to me that they are the best place at this point.

Robert likes to play things safe so he has probably padded things by at least a week, so that if there is a delay he can still meet his promise.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 10:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

Re: Re: Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers.

quote:
Originally posted by MCodanti
Where are you getting that information? All I can see on their site is that if you order by the 18th of March it will ship no later than the first week of May. It could ship the first week of April if they make enough of them.

And I don't know of any other place that is offering 10% off (with $100 down, which they will give back if you can get it elsewhere sooner than they ship.)

So it seems to me that they are the best place at this point.

Robert likes to play things safe so he has probably padded things by at least a week, so that if there is a delay he can still meet his promise.

It's true that I like to provide realistic delivery date and pad the Hughes/DIRECTV schedule by 1 week or more.

Friday evening I officially launched the availability of the HR10-250 to the general public, on our home page. I offered no discount and delayed the delivery 1 additional week beyond what I am doing for current avs/TC members. I listed the availability of the first week of May for the general public, avs/TC forum members who order today will get delivery the end of April or no later than the first week of May '04.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottchez is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 10:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

HUmm,

May 1st vrs- April 1st

I rather have one April 1st

It does not hurt to try. . . .

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beardad is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for beardad Find more posts by beardad Add beardad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beardad

quote:
Originally posted by scottchez
HUmm,

May 1st vrs- April 1st

I rather have one April 1st

It does not hurt to try. . . .

It's really May 1st . An early April Fools Joke!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

I can't agree more, in fact, I'd like to deliver tomorrow. Quicker delivery depends on how many are built in the second production run.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Britinvirg is offline Old Post 03-08-2004 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Britinvirg Find more posts by Britinvirg Add Britinvirg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Britinvirg

Scott,

Tweeters are also taking pre orders

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bkzoller is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bkzoller Find more posts by bkzoller Add bkzoller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bkzoller

Ultimate Electronics/Sound Track recently started taking preorders, also.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTivo4prez is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HDTivo4prez Find more posts by HDTivo4prez Add HDTivo4prez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HDTivo4prez
Timeshifting HD??

Question Robert Tivo Dealer

Do you have confirmation of how many HD Tivo will be produce on the first production run? From a previous post, I remember you said about 200. Do you know what quantity of those produce in the first production run will be allocated to you?

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

I think Robert mentioned he would be getting about 200 a week. I could be wrong, but I can't believe DirecTV would only be producing 200 a week...

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by JohnTivo
I think Robert mentioned he would be getting about 200 a week. I could be wrong, but I can't believe DirecTV would only be producing 200 a week...
The first weeks production is a partial week, during which they're supposed to be making about 200 units. Some portion, hopefully significant, will go to fill Robert's orders. After that, the production has been variously reported as between 400 and 800 per week.

It has also been reported that at some point the production line for the HR10-250 at the factory is committed to producing something else, which will allegedly cause a disruption in the flow of the HR10-250 while that other thing is produced.

Perhaps this thread should really ask why people waited so long to place an order.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BobJ2004 is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BobJ2004 Find more posts by BobJ2004 Add BobJ2004 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BobJ2004

I was stupid for not placing an order back in Jan when the pre-orders started.

Was still hoping Dishnetwork would get there act together on there 921 HD DVR, its still on a QA hold with bugs.

Time to switch to Direct.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Darin is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 02:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Darin Visit Darin's homepage! Find more posts by Darin Add Darin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darin
Way Left

quote:
Originally posted by BobJ2004
Was still hoping Dishnetwork would get there act together on there 921 HD DVR, its still on a QA hold with bugs.

Is that a new policy?

"I don't know how many of you have ever run over a skunk with your car. I have many times, and I can tell you, the stink stays around for a long time. You can take the car through the wash, and it's still there. So the scent of this Super Bowl halftime show will long linger in the nostrils of America." - Senator Zell Miller - Republocrat - Georgia

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

All Dish receivers come with value added bugs. Bug swatter costs extra.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 03:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie
All Dish receivers come with value added bugs. Bug swatter costs extra.
The bug swatter is not only out of stock, but it appears to be discontinued at this time.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gromit is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gromit Find more posts by Gromit Add Gromit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gromit

I'm # 173, so I predict that Robert's first allocation will be 170. It could be worse (172).

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hey_Hey is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 07:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hey_Hey Find more posts by Hey_Hey Add Hey_Hey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey_Hey

Magnolia Hi-Fi is also taking pre orders. They are just quoting "mid to late April" though I got the feeling that estimate was probably based more on what the sales guys figured out from reading posts here than anything official.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gromit
I'm # 173, so I predict that Robert's first allocation will be 170. It could be worse (172).

I guess the glass is always half empty!

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gromit is offline Old Post 03-09-2004 08:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gromit Find more posts by Gromit Add Gromit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gromit

quote:
Originally posted by aaronwt
I guess the glass is always half empty!

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. I keep telling myself not to count on watching any of the Final Four in HD. But I keep looking at the calendar and thinking there's still a chance...

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged