TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> $250 Credit from DTV for HDTivo ? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ebonovic is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic
TiVo Forum Special Member

Question $250 Credit from DTV for HDTivo ?

Take a look at this post:
DTivo Forum Post

This poster states he is going to recieve a $250 credit to his account, if he purchases a HD-DTivo from another vendor?

Does anyone else know if this is going to be more of an exception or something all of us can tap into...

Yah Yah, I know... This coming from the guy who started that pain in the butt customer retention abuse thread... But I just got my landscaping estimates in ... Need to come up with a buck or two.

Plus we need something new around hear to debate.

Earl

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

Yeah, I asked for verification at that thread.

This would make me and a bunch others happy if true.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivolovit is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivolovit Find more posts by tivolovit Add tivolovit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivolovit

This is not completely unheard of

quote:
Originally posted by JimSpence
Yeah, I asked for verification at that thread.

This would make me and a bunch others happy if true.

There have been posts in the HDTV forum as well as other places where people have also said they would get a credit on their account after purchasing HD boxes from other vendors. They had to activate the box and then the credit was given...obviously toward future service on their DirecTV account. I don't think it is much of a stretch to think this could happen for the purchase of an HD TiVo.

I got a credit of $200.00 from DirecTV after I bought my first HD receiver 2.5 years ago and complained about the lack of promised additional HD programming.

RCA DVR-39 DirecTiVo 35 Hours
Hughes SD-DVR40 DirecTiVo 35 Hours
Lifetime TiVo Subscription

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PaJo is offline Old Post 03-19-2004 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaJo Find more posts by PaJo Add PaJo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaJo

I called back to confirm the notation of $250.00 to my account if I purchased a new HD DTivo, got a regular CSR , he confirmed the notation on my account and asked if I purchased the new equipment and was ready to activate it.

As posted previously, we are with DTV over 2 years, have 4 Dtivos and pay over $100.00 a month to DTV, not sure what offers other customers will get. However I can say the woman that talked with me was very confident that DTV would be giving existing customers good deals once DTV gets the new HDTivo - when she repeated " if I can not hold out any longer I can buy the HDTivo anywhere and get the $250.00 credit " I got the feeling that if I waited the deal would be even better buying from DTV.

I have to say it is tough holding out, and as posted earlier I am getting almost daily mailings from the cable company touting their new HD locals and "on demand" - it is tempting but I hate to go back now, they would have to really sweeten the deal. I am willing to give up HD for Tivo at this point in time but if the "on-demand" works similarly to TiVO and has HD, or they get the HD digital recorder capabilities for $10.00 a month I heard about, I may be tempted to switch back to cable.

on edit: when I talked with the woman I did not get rude, did not threaten to leave DTV, even said I was a happy DTV customer. I told her I orginally contacted them thinking I wanted the HD receiver but then decided it was worthless to me without Tivo capabilities. She was very understanding and very, very nice, she asked me if I had any concerns with DTV other than not having the HD Tivo yet. I don't remember her name but she was from the retention department.

Last edited by PaJo on 03-19-2004 at 05:39 PM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged