TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sdf777 is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdf777 Find more posts by sdf777 Add sdf777 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdf777

New PreOrder Thread

Called VE today to ask about my order #212. No info.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jarredduq is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jarredduq Visit jarredduq's homepage! Find more posts by jarredduq Add jarredduq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jarredduq

Still hoping it ships tomorrow for Wednesday delivery.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Starrbuck is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Starrbuck Find more posts by Starrbuck Add Starrbuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Starrbuck

quote:
Originally posted by jarredduq
Still hoping it ships tomorrow for Wednesday delivery.

Me too. Are UPS and FedEx running on Friday? I bet they're not...

I adopted HR10-250 #21 from VE, received at 9:45am CDT on April 22, 2004

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RedSoxInHD is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RedSoxInHD Find more posts by RedSoxInHD Add RedSoxInHD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedSoxInHD

I sure hope this thread doesn't break the 5000 mark before this thing starts shipping

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmf aficionado is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmf aficionado Find more posts by tmf aficionado Add tmf aficionado to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmf aficionado
Critical Thinker

No word on my order yet either, but I've got the dispute letter to Capital One drafted just in case.

What's going on Friday?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dropper is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dropper Find more posts by dropper Add dropper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropper
UTV Zealot

I protest this thread.

I think I will have to avoid this thread like it was a White Castle that was closed on Sundays run by someone with an alternative lifestyle.

J/K.

Keith

1 105hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV
1 40hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aejanis is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aejanis Find more posts by aejanis Add aejanis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aejanis
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by tmf aficionado
No word on my order yet either, but I've got the dispute letter to Capital One drafted just in case.

What's going on Friday?

Good Friday...a Christian holiday sometimes observed by non-Christian companies.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

they shouldn't have closed the thread, they should have just moved it to happy hour. or is there a rule you can't talk about tivo related things in happy hour?

my charge is still on my card, keeping my fingers crossed.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dropper is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dropper Find more posts by dropper Add dropper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropper
UTV Zealot

quote:

What's going on Friday?

What is your deal? Really? I can't figure this one out, unless you are the same person who is TMF? A simple call to VE would have any problem you have, straightened out. This is not their web site, maybe you are confused between the two.

Either that, or you are trolling.

Which is it?

Keith

1 105hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV
1 40hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

borghe is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

I see THIS thread is already headed down the right pathh..

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

herdfan is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for herdfan Find more posts by herdfan Add herdfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
herdfan
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Starrbuck
Me too. Are UPS and FedEx running on Friday? I bet they're not...

FedEx is according to their website:

Holidays for United States

January 1, 2004
May 31, 2004
July 4, 2004
September 6, 2004
November 25, 2004
December 25, 2004

And so is UPS:

UPS 2004 Holiday Schedule

In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

New Year’s Day - January 1, 2004*
Memorial Day - May 31, 2004*
Independence Day - July 5, 2004*
Labor Day - September 6, 2004*
Thanksgiving Day - November 25, 2004*
Day after Thanksgiving Day - November 26, 2004**
Christmas Day - December 25, 2004*
New Year’s Eve - December 31, 2004**

So may your Friday be Good.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

Question

My Discover card has been charged for my HDTiVo, but that's all that was charged, along with it's shipping.

I also ordered a regular DirecTiVo. Will that be charged separately?

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jb007 is offline Old Post 04-05-2004 11:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jb007 Find more posts by jb007 Add jb007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jb007
Secret Member

New PreOrder Thread ???

So, is this thread for "new" preorders (ie, ordered today, but before release (hopefully!) tomorrow)?

j/k. I guess this will be the new, official unofficial thread picking up with post #5372.

Is this where Doug and Robert will now post the latest updates?

P.S. I know /jab's appearance and the locking of the thread was pure coincidence -- wasn't it?

Anyone care for some kool-aid?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

Question

For those of us who are new to DirecTV, what deals should we be able to get other than free installation? The only thing I know of is $10 off Total Choice for 6 months. I'm getting both an HDTiVo and a regular DTiVo...

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drewba is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drewba Find more posts by drewba Add drewba to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drewba

quote:
Originally posted by Todd
For those of us who are new to DirecTV, what deals should we be able to get other than free installation? The only thing I know of is $10 off Total Choice for 6 months. I'm getting both an HDTiVo and a regular DTiVo...

Good question. I'm getting the dish and installation included, but can we get the $10 off for 6 months in addition to that?

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmf aficionado is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmf aficionado Find more posts by tmf aficionado Add tmf aficionado to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmf aficionado
Critical Thinker

quote:
Originally posted by dropper
What is your deal? Really? I can't figure this one out, unless you are the same person who is TMF?

Last time I checked, I am the same person who is TMF.

quote:
A simple call to VE would have any problem you have, straightened out.

If nothing unexpected shows up on my credit card and the unit ships on time, everybody goes home happy.

If the known issues such as the shipping "upgrade" are not addressed by the time my order is filled, well, it won't be my problem for long.

I have it on good word that DirecTV dealers like Value Electronics are making several hundred dollars profit on every unit, so I expect that everything will be done correctly the first time. If that doesn't happen, there will be consequences.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

herdfan is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for herdfan Find more posts by herdfan Add herdfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
herdfan
Advanced Member

I hope someone makes sure Robert knows what is going on here and that TMF doesn't get away with this.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnF is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnF Find more posts by JohnF Add JohnF to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnF

quote:
If nothing unexpected shows up on my credit card and the unit ships on time, everybody goes home happy.

If the known issues such as the shipping "upgrade" are not addressed by the time my order is filled, well, it won't be my problem for long.

I have it on good word that DirecTV dealers like Value Electronics are making several hundred dollars profit on every unit, so I expect that everything will be done correctly the first time. If that doesn't happen, there will be consequences.

If you have gone to the trouble of drafting a dispute letter, why not just give VE a call to ensure they ship as you request and that no mistakes are made. They have a toll-free number and answer pretty quickly.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

Because he threw down a challenge and big men don't back down from challenges.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:

I have it on good word that DirecTV dealers like Value Electronics are so I expect that everything will be done correctly the first time. If that doesn't happen, there will be consequences.

TMF

Out of curosity.... Do you deal with all vendor's this way?
Wait until there is a problem, and then deal with it afterwards?

Instead of making a 30second phone call to help avoid or verify their isn't a problem in the first place?

Robert has repeatedly commented that he rushed to judgement the email that went about "upgrading" the shipping method. Some other people have been contacted via that ancitient technology ... land line phone call ... to verify their shipping options.

And regards to the last part: "the first time", you must have a patience level of zero. If you expect EVERY single financial transaction you do to be perfect the first time...... yikes... I would hate to be behind you in line during holiday shopping season when an item is $0.15 overpriced by mistake....

TMF please end this... Call VE, verify that they are not upgrading your shipping for yourself. If you call, verify it, and then they still charge you for the upgraded shipping... Then you have a quality claim... but other than... Please for the sake of spin-off thread... End it..

Earl

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged