TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> 1080 or 720 for Panny DLP? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CHAS ZOSS is offline Old Post 04-24-2004 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CHAS ZOSS Find more posts by CHAS ZOSS Add CHAS ZOSS to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHAS ZOSS

1080 or 720 for Panny DLP?

I now use a samsung ts 160 set for 720 my Pt 52dl52 can handle 1080 is that what I should use? thanks Chas

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Andrew_S is offline Old Post 04-24-2004 08:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Andrew_S Find more posts by Andrew_S Add Andrew_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrew_S

Whichever does the better scaling. I have my Zenith scale everything to 720p, so things are only scaled once (since DLP's are 720p devices). If you set your Samsung TS 160 to scale everything to 1080, then the TV will need to scale back down to 720p for display.

And after using the term 'scale' in a paragraph way too many times, it now sounds funny in my head.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jautor is offline Old Post 04-24-2004 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jautor Find more posts by jautor Add jautor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jautor
Also wants a pony

On a scale of 1 to 10, how funny did it sound?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged