TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> PLEASE add AAC support in Home Media Option <<<
Would you like to see AAC added as a decoder option in Home Media?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 25 73.53%
No. 2 5.88%
Add WMA as well. 5 14.71%
Who cares about music, I'm too busy catching up on shows I've TiVo'ed. 2 5.88%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zeroaxs is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 07:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for zeroaxs Find more posts by zeroaxs Add zeroaxs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zeroaxs

PLEASE add AAC support in Home Media Option

I think the above says it all. Just supporting MP3 is completely insane. AAC is quickly becoming one of the leading formats (what with the iTMS and all). My ENTIRE music collection, and the collection of many people I know are tied to this format and not being able to play my music is keeping me (and others) from purchasing the Home MEdia Option. Is this in the works? Can we speed the process up?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JasonPG is offline Old Post 05-02-2004 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPG Find more posts by JasonPG Add JasonPG to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JasonPG

I concur with you, zeroaxs.....AAC and WMA would both be very useful. I have TONS of MP3, but since I got my iPod, I have been downloading AAC like a madman from iTMS.....PLEASE ADD AAC SUPPORT, TiVo!!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hammer32 is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 07:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hammer32 Visit hammer32's homepage! Find more posts by hammer32 Add hammer32 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hammer32
TiVo Combat Crew

I just got HMO and would love to see AAC support as well. I have a few CDs imported using mp3, but spent three weeks importing the bulk of them using AAC. I guess we should ask for the new Apple lossless encoder support too (haven't tried that one yet).

Hughes GXCEB0T DirecTiVo, Stock (Wife's)
TiVo Series 2 SA, 40 hours, HMO
www.mercenary-missileer.com
www.military-community.com

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bilbomims is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bilbomims Find more posts by bilbomims Add bilbomims to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bilbomims

AAC has my vote. I was so dissapointed when I could not access my AAC collection over HMO.

Sony DAV-C770
PS2, X-box, GC
Harmony SST-659

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Whatever happened to the partnership with Real... buffering.... buffering... buffering... Audio for live streaming content?

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DJMediaMonkey is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJMediaMonkey Find more posts by DJMediaMonkey Add DJMediaMonkey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJMediaMonkey

Question

I agree about the ACC possibilities and see the RedTape eXplin4tion....

What about a visulizer? There is none that I have seen. Any word on that as a possibility?

thank you to all for your helpfull questions and help

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DJMediaMonkey is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJMediaMonkey Find more posts by DJMediaMonkey Add DJMediaMonkey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJMediaMonkey

AAC, Rather......

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged