TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Satellite Delivers HD Units <<<

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sobe_knights is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 10:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sobe_knights Find more posts by sobe_knights Add sobe_knights to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sobe_knights

Thumbs up Rapid Satellite Delivers HD Units

Let's get posts here from those with either tracking #s or units received from Rapid Satellite.

Count me in. I just got my tracking. These guys really came through despite all the harsh crticism from folks on this forum. They've earned my future business for sure.

Given all the hype from BB, VU, VE and all their misleadings, these guys are now legends on this board.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bigtvbird is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigtvbird Find more posts by bigtvbird Add bigtvbird to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtvbird

Don't leave us in the dark!
How about some stats... date and time of order? method? (phone or online)

Only with enough info can we all see how it is playing out.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sobe_knights is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 10:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sobe_knights Find more posts by sobe_knights Add sobe_knights to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sobe_knights

quote:
Originally posted by bigtvbird

Ordered early afternoon.. online - never picked up the phone actually. I am so glad I didn't buy all the bogus critique on this forum. You guys probably scared off a ton of folks. Maybe it was a self-serving move by some to get themselves higher on the ship list.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sobe_knights is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 10:39 AM
sobe_knights

quote:
Originally posted by bigtvbird

Early Friday afternoon

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

camcollect is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for camcollect Find more posts by camcollect Add camcollect to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camcollect
LSU Tigers

Just got tracking details, looks like I'll have it by 10:30am:

Tracking number 658833723xxx
Ship date May 3, 2004
Estimated delivery date May 4, 2004 by 10:30 am

Reference number
F139xxx
Delivery location
BATON ROUGE LA
Service type
Priority Overnight

Date/time

Status

Comments

May 3, 2004 11:10 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

LITTLE ROCK AR

7:04 pm

Picked up by FedEx

LITTLE ROCK AR

HD TiVo~ HR10-250
Replay 5000 (160GB) + Sony HD300

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmoulton is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mmoulton Find more posts by mmoulton Add mmoulton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmoulton

quote:
Originally posted by sobe_knights
Early Friday afternoon

I ordered online @ 10:40 PST on Friday April 30th and my order has yet to ship. I have written Nick at RS regarding my order without any reply.

From what I can gather, several people who ordered after I have received shipping confirmations.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

camcollect is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for camcollect Find more posts by camcollect Add camcollect to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camcollect
LSU Tigers

quote:
Originally posted by mmoulton
I ordered online @ 10:40 PST on Friday April 30th and my order has yet to ship. I have written Nick at RS regarding my order without any reply.

From what I can gather, several people who ordered after I have received shipping confirmations.

10:40 PST is 1:40 EST....how do you know they ordered after you. Did you pay extra to expedite the order?

I ordered at 1P EST

BTW- Nick has responded to all my email within 10 minutes.

HD TiVo~ HR10-250

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

camcollect is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:27 AM
camcollect
LSU Tigers

quote:

BTW- There could be a problem with the web site as my order still says: Sent to Fullfilment

I emailed Nick and he said the tracking number was up on the site (which it isnt), fortunatly he also sent my tracking number. Be patient, it looks like these have started shipping.

HD TiVo~ HR10-250

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

quote:
Originally posted by camcollect
10:40 PST is 1:40 EST....how do you know they ordered after you. Did you pay extra to expedite the order?

I ordered at 1P EST

Same with me. Still says Pending Shipment and I paid for expedited shipping.

I doubt it was shipped or the website is just not updated.... My credit card hasnt been charged yet.

Seems like there is no order to how they were shipped or updated or anything like that.

Oh well, I'll see what happens tomorrow. :-(

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmoulton is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mmoulton Find more posts by mmoulton Add mmoulton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmoulton

quote:

I ordered at 1P EST

Without knowing everyones order #'s it's hard to know exactly where one stands. If you look at the following post you will see another individual who ordered at ~ the same time I did who at least had there order status change to 'sent to fulfillment'. I can only assume this person ordered after me by looking at the time they posted on page 1 of the same thread. It's possible that person ordered prior to me, thus why I emailed Nick to ask. Unfortunately he has been unable/unwilling to answer as of yet.

There are many reasons why this could be, unfortunately Nick is the only person who is giving out reliable info.

Regardless I'm confident I will have a unit that I ordered on Apr 30th from RS way before my Jan 23rd preorder from VE.

edit: I did pay to expedite the order.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmoulton is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 11:45 AM
mmoulton

quote:
BTW- There could be a problem with the web site as my order still says: Sent to Fullfilment

I emailed Nick and he said the tracking number was up on the site (which it isnt), fortunatly he also sent my tracking number. Be patient, it looks like these have started shipping.

I would be ecstatic if my order status said 'sent to fulfillment', unfortunately I'm still at good ol' 'pending shipment'

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 04:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

Tracking number 658833723360
Ship date May 3, 2004
Estimated delivery date May 4, 2004 by 4:30 pm

Reference number
F140724
Delivery location
INTERNATIONAL FALLS MN
Service type
Priority Overnight

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
Tracking number 658833723360
Ship date May 3, 2004
Estimated delivery date May 4, 2004 by 4:30 pm

Reference number
F140724
Delivery location
INTERNATIONAL FALLS MN
Service type
Priority Overnight

Ordered at about 130 CDT Friday. Still "order sent to fulfillment". Fluffy, do they even have electricity in Int'f Falls?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Beantownbeanie is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beantownbeanie Find more posts by Beantownbeanie Add Beantownbeanie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beantownbeanie
Gotta love that TIVO

quote:

Its true. I ordered THURSDAY and NOTHING. Not a thing. I have emails from Nick, Calls from Lou and lots of empty promises and Nick only answered one email. I have only emailed them twice and I have only called LOU Back ONCE and he never returned my call.
My email and call were VERY Polite...I just wanted to know if they go by order number since people who ordered WAAAAAAAAAAAY after me have ones on the way.
RS 690XX and a very low XX at that!!!!!!!!!!
My hopes are with BB now. I have not cancelled but will do if they don't ship today.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Graphics is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 06:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Graphics Find more posts by Graphics Add Graphics to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graphics

quote:
sobe_knights ~ Given all the hype from BB, VU, VE and all their misleadings, these guys are now legends on this board.

1st off read my post on this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...0&pagenumber=13
They are Lier's! ~ Also read the RS web page as an INSTANT E-MAIL to good Ole NICK! he didn't have the _alls to e-mail or call me. Your the 1st one to CLAIM to have a unit that they shipped, (congratulations!). Being you've just joined the Forum in April/04 and maybe havent followed the demand for this unit on all Forums (Tivo/AVS etc.) The fact that you did as you claim receive a unit with no hassle? then your the lucky one and very rare. But good ole Nick and his staff lost me on a LIE. And you think I'm the only one who's complaining about how RS has treated it's customers, ha ha ha. I'll wait for a LEGITIMATE Vendor that doesn't KNOWINGLY BLATANTLY LIE to the customer. Have fun with your RS delivered HR10-250 (Thanks to good Ole Nick and his wonderful staff)

Nothing but good thoughts! .......Now I'm the Lier!

Broken! Make an offer as is.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

exdishguy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 06:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for exdishguy Find more posts by exdishguy Add exdishguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exdishguy

I went through the same thing with the CSR when I ordered and wrote Nick to cancel because I thought they were being misleading. He wrote me back numerous times to assure me they had stock so I stuck with it. My units are out for delivery as we speak.

I think much of the speculation about RS outsourcing their call center, poor communication between the distributor and RS and the call center is probably true. I'm not sure if they blatantly lied or are liars so much as one hand wasn't talking to the other.

If units begin to arrive for other more "credible" posters than us suspicious-and-part-of-a-consipracy new guys then I guess things will look different. This product is obviously very new and very exciting and I'd bet RS isn't the only one trying to deal with the short burst of demand up front by the Internet forum crowds.

But then, I guess it is easy for me to forgive and forget since I am getting my two units this morning - and you are not.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by MNTivoGuy
Ordered at about 130 CDT Friday. Still "order sent to fulfillment". Fluffy, do they even have electricity in Int'f Falls?

No they don't! We have a very long extension cord

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

Just got email from Nick. Seems they accidentally left my new HD TiVo on 7S, and it is now in orbit.

Seriously I am so glad I didn't cancel and still hope to see mine this week.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ohhbother is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ohhbother Find more posts by Ohhbother Add Ohhbother to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ohhbother

My order status on RS' web site changed sometime in the past 30 minutes.

It used to say "order sent to fulfillment." It now says "order shipped."

I haven't received a tracking number yet.

Thanks.

Amy

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

quote:
Originally posted by Ohhbother
My order status on RS' web site changed sometime in the past 30 minutes.

It used to say "order sent to fulfillment." It now says "order shipped."

I haven't received a tracking number yet.

Thanks.

Amy

Same thing for me. Our boxes are probably saying their goodbyes to each other before they come to their new homes.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged