TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> "Thanks, Circuit City!" Thread <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zaph32 is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zaph32 Find more posts by Zaph32 Add Zaph32 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zaph32

Talking "Thanks, Circuit City!" Thread

I got my order snuck in Monday around 5 pm CST - got the device today (missed the dropoff and had to pick it up at Fedex, but worth it.)

The only complaint, and it's minor, is the super-slow guide. I noticed other people complain about this, but assumed they were "new" to Tivo and not used to the slower guide. It definitely runs slower than the DirecTivo.

But, all things considered, this baby rocks. It's just what I hoped.

Well done Hughes and Tivo!

And a huge THANKS to Circuit City for getting me the unit without any hassle whatsoever. I am glad I didn't drop money with any preorders.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

derick76 is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 09:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for derick76 Find more posts by derick76 Add derick76 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
derick76

Hmm, I thought my guide responded faster than my standard Directivo.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cajonkev is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 09:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cajonkev Find more posts by Cajonkev Add Cajonkev to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cajonkev
PIBCAK

quote:
Originally posted by derick76
Hmm, I thought my guide responded faster than my standard Directivo.

Must be a YMMV situation.

My guide is running faster than both of my other units and I have tried a couple of "side-by-sides" to look at just that.

But with every download or index who knows what can occur...

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hd10250 is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hd10250 Find more posts by hd10250 Add hd10250 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hd10250

The HD guide seems faster than my SAT-T60. It could be faster but we watch mostly recorded content.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fire407 is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 10:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fire407 Find more posts by Fire407 Add Fire407 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fire407

It was posted before somewhere that the guide starts off really slow and then in a couple of days gets faster as more of guide gets filled in. I don't know because I just got mine hooked up today and the guide is slow. But back to the topic---CIRCUIT CITY ROCKS

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gilcart is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 05:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gilcart Find more posts by gilcart Add gilcart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gilcart

the first 24 - 36 hrs, my guide was slow, but now it is moving at great speed, as fast or faster than my S2!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

k2ue is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for k2ue Find more posts by k2ue Add k2ue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k2ue

It is very seldom we get to see multiple vendors handle a similar and difficult situation. I've never been impressed with the CC near me -- but their web operation is first rate. And, as I think of it, I've never had a problem with their buy-on-the-web/pickup-locally option either -- the goods are always there when I stop to pickup.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BobJ2004 is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BobJ2004 Find more posts by BobJ2004 Add BobJ2004 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BobJ2004

Wow orderd Tues 2nd day air, it came 1 day air.

That was fast CC, thanks

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

avewill is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for avewill Find more posts by avewill Add avewill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
avewill

Yup CC came through. Way to go CC

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kyungkim is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kyungkim Find more posts by kyungkim Add kyungkim to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyungkim

CC online did come thru big time. I posted this before, but they made me a hero the xmas when the PS2 came out as well. My nephew was the only one in his school to have on by then.
Again it was the online site that delivered a highly sought item quickly and efficiently.

The B&M CC's suck big time, but kudos to the website.

K

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged