TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> "Lance Armstrong Chronicles"- no SP available <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Televisionary is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Televisionary Visit Televisionary's homepage! Find more posts by Televisionary Add Televisionary to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Televisionary

Exclamation "Lance Armstrong Chronicles"- no SP available

This OLN show is a series (weekly, I believe), yet my DirecTiVo's data says it is the same show over and over. It's listed a special, not a series, so can't get an SP. Worse, it should get picked up by my "LANCE ARMSTRONG*" keyword wishlist, but it doesn't.

So, if you're an LA fan, you have to schedule these manually. I've found no other way.

-T

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jakerock is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jakerock Find more posts by jakerock Add jakerock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakerock
Spelling less well

I got frustrated by this and got on the OLN website so that I could figure out when new shows would be on. Their site lists them the same way. They have a list of all the show times but each of them appears with the exact same listing.

Useless.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jimrobinette is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimrobinette Find more posts by jimrobinette Add jimrobinette to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimrobinette

My understanding is that the new shows come on Thursdays, and that you basically have to watch it live. Kind of like living without TiVo. What are they thinking?!? :-)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

revdre is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 06:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for revdre Find more posts by revdre Add revdre to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revdre

Each episode is labelled as a special by OLN. Manual setting for Thursdays works...
Way to go OLN.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kjnorman is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kjnorman Find more posts by kjnorman Add kjnorman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kjnorman
Enjoying being a Dad

I wondered what had happened to these, as I had a season pass but last night I noticed that it was not recording the shows.

I also found that one of the Last Chronicles episodes came up as "Road to the Tour" which I was record.

Incidentally, I have an auto record wishlist for Cycling and that does seem to capture most shows. Incidentally, Road to the Tour is really annoying me as well with its general description, as it is too generic for TiVo to work out the seperate episodes, so it ends up recording all of them. I'm resigned to going through the To Do list an manually deleting out the duplicates as I'm running out of space with about 40 hours of cycling waiting to be watched.....

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aforkosh is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 10:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aforkosh Find more posts by aforkosh Add aforkosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aforkosh

Both the Armstrong show and Road to the Tour are repeated many times each week. Initial showings are at 5:30PM PT (8:30PM ET) and 6:00PM PT (9:00PM ET) on Thursday evening. They also repeat the Sunday taped race show (formerly shown at 1pm PT Sunday--now at 11:30amPT) after Road to the Tour.

I have managed to get the first showings of the race shows and live weekday Giro d'Italia coverage (be sure to pad at least 1 hour) and taped weekend Giro coverage using a 'Bicycle Racing' wishlist. God knows what will happen for Tour de France coverage where there are pre-shows, post-shows, and substantial differences between live and evening coverage.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lpennock is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lpennock Find more posts by lpennock Add lpennock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lpennock

i found that the only reliable way to record the Lance Chronicles was to "view upcoming episodes" and then select each one manually, but I will also add a timed season pass for the new ones on Thursdays. I have missed a lot of them, though, so I want to catch up on the repeats (which they seem to show in no particular order).

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aforkosh is offline Old Post 05-25-2004 08:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aforkosh Find more posts by aforkosh Add aforkosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aforkosh

After giving the Thursday times last week, OLN has been announcing changes starting this week (via announcements during the Giro stages). Basically, everything will now start 1/2 hour later:

Armstrong at 9pm (ET/PT)
Road to the Tour at 9:30pm

I don't know if the changes have even made OLN's schedule grid.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lpennock is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lpennock Find more posts by lpennock Add lpennock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lpennock

All I know is that the grid data on DirecTV is totally wrong for a lot of the "Lance Chronicles" and "Road to the Tour" shows. Aside from not showing which episode it is, they are often a completely different show unrelated to cycling at all.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

djbrown is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for djbrown Find more posts by djbrown Add djbrown to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djbrown

was there a new episode this past week? every time I tried to record (including the supposed 'new' Thursdsay airings) it was always a repeat of a previous episode....

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lpennock is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 11:40 PM
lpennock

yes, it was the begining of the tour de georgia, but rest assured it will be repeated 100 times before next thurdsay's conclusion of the tour de georgia.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged