TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> 1st & last Minute - Nothing In Between? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dunteachin is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dunteachin Find more posts by Dunteachin Add Dunteachin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dunteachin

1st & last Minute - Nothing In Between?

Anyone experience this problem? I setup the unit to record West Wing last night on the Washington, DC NBC affiliate. When I went to watch, the info said 1 hour, the bar said 1 hour, but the green bar had two minutes.

The first minute was the intro and the last minute were the credits. Nothing in between! I checked to see if maybe I was out of room, but I currently only have around 15 hours HD, and no SD.

Good thing I was recording in SD on another unit.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hughes SD-DVR40 [40 hours, unhacked]
Mits WS65819
Yamaha HTR-5280
Polk RM7600

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzdog911 is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

Maybe your signal as lost or interrupted during that interval?

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dunteachin is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 11:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dunteachin Find more posts by Dunteachin Add Dunteachin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dunteachin

Probably, but it just seems weird since it was the very first and very last minute on a frequency that comes in around 80 on the meter.

On the last Sopranos I was missing a five minute chunk in the middle and also chalked it up to signal, but now I don't know, that's why I was seeing if anyone else had this same problem, or if it is just related to me.

Hughes SD-DVR40 [40 hours, unhacked]
Mits WS65819
Yamaha HTR-5280
Polk RM7600

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

borghe is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

I've lost some shows from weather (my towering inferno from last week missed the last 10 minutes from weather), but I've never seen what you are talking about.. when my signal drops I just have an empty spot in the recording. if your signal dropped for 58 minutes you would still AFAIK have a big black empty spot in the middle.. hmm.. keep us updated..

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged