TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> D-Link DWL-120 V.E1 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kozman is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kozman Find more posts by kozman Add kozman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kozman

Angry D-Link DWL-120 V.E1

Just replaced my wired cable router with a D-Link DL514 for my home network. Also purchased the USB adopter D-Link DWL-120 Version F1 (V.F1). I went with D-Link because of the lower cost. Both units are 802.11b compliant. I installed the USB adapter to my TIVO service number 240. This hookup does not work. TIVO techs say it is my version F1 DWL-120 USB adapter that is not compatible. I get as far as the selecting the phone and network link. But at that page only the phone options appear. Tried manually listing my server IP address. No luck. On the USB adaptor both green lights are on. I have tried the USB adapter with a desktop computer and it works.
Besides my anger on spending money on things that do not work, I bet you are wondering why I am posting even though the TIVO techs said the version number of my D-Link adapter is not compatible?
-I would think that the latest version of the adapter would work. The version E is listed to work on the TIVO sight.
-Posted just for info to others.
-I tried to get a specific version from venders. They said I get what I get. They cannot ship hardware with a specific version #.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Only the exact version of adapters listed on our site will work. The D-Link DWL-120 V.E is the latest one that we support. The list is at www.tivo.com/adapters

Adding support for a new version of an adapter requires a software update on our side. Both 4.0.1a and 4.0.1b added support for additional adapters but as you have noticed, the adapter companies are always releasing new versions. If you have trouble locating one of the ones on our list, we have compatible ones at the TiVo Store (store.tivo.com).

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brianp is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brianp Find more posts by brianp Add brianp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brianp

I wish I'd have seen this thread before ording my wireless adaptor! I also ordered the DWL-120 and got the V.F1 version, which doesn't work with my TiVo.

Can anyone from TiVo say if there's any chance of this adaptor being supported in the near future?

-Brian

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kozman is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kozman Find more posts by kozman Add kozman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kozman

Sorry to hear about your purchase that does not work. I would hope that new adapters would work with the unit. Like I mentioned before, it is hard to buy an outdated product with a certain version.
I finally found one on Ebay. If I where TiVO I would have an adapter outsourced to their specifications and put their name on it.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

raitchison is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for raitchison Visit raitchison's homepage! Find more posts by raitchison Add raitchison to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raitchison
this space for rent

quote:
Originally posted by kozman
If I where TiVO I would have an adapter outsourced to their specifications and put their name on it.

Please no, being in bed with Linksys is bad enough. I prefer MORE choices with what to buy not less.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged