TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> tennis alert french open sunday <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jk5598224 is offline Old Post 05-30-2004 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jk5598224 Find more posts by jk5598224 Add jk5598224 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jk5598224

tennis alert french open sunday

For all those tennis fans out there. NBC's crappy coverage of the French Open on Tivo/Zap2it says it is supposed to start at 10:00am EDT, but TVGUIDE.COM is correct and it starts at 11:00am EDT. It is suppossed to run 3 hours on NBC.

ESPN2's crappy coverage of the French Open is scheduled for 1:00PM EDT so there may be a overlap.

I set my VCR to record NBC a extra two hours and set my Tivo to extend ESPN2's coverage 3 hours.

A note to NBC execs, do NOT announce the score of the Matches that ESPN2 will broadcast like you did yesterday with Jennifer Capriati's match. Alas I know you are not listening at NBC like usual.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd76 is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 08:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd76 Find more posts by Todd76 Add Todd76 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd76

Hi...doesn't seem like there are a lot of tennis fans here. My Tuesday's recording got cut off even though I padded by one hour. I was glad they replayed the Capriati/Serena match this morning, but they announced who won before showing it (I hadn't found out til then).

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitsap Find more posts by kitsap Add kitsap to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitsap
TiVo Forum Special Member

I've actually been largely happy with the coverage of the French Open, although there have (as noted) been a couple of blunders.

A recent tournament - I think it was the Australian Open last year? I know it was discussed in these pages - was a complete and utter mess. It was impossible to tell which matches were taped and which were live, and they repeated many of them in great jumble-ation morning and evening.

Crossing my fingers for decent coverage at Wimbledon.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 06-06-2004 08:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

quote:
Originally posted by Todd76
Hi...doesn't seem like there are a lot of tennis fans here.
There are a few of us. If you use the search function, you should turn up some past tennis threads.

TiVo Help Forumsfeatured member
TC-Con '05, June 13
中日韓 Chinese/Japanese/Korean Dramas board admin

Tristana Moore, BBC News: Arts promoter Christof Blaesius wants to rebuild the [Berlin] wall and have it decorated by artists from around the world. The idea is proving controversial.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd76 is offline Old Post 06-06-2004 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd76 Find more posts by Todd76 Add Todd76 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd76

Well I think I posted last year about the French Open and never got a response. Am I wrong or did NBC change the time of Saturday's broadcast? I checked my To Do List last weekend, and I thought it was scheduled for 10 am central (delayed) as in past years. But when I got home from my tennis match at 9:45, TiVo was already recording the live broadcast. VCR or any other PVR and I would have missed the match.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 06-06-2004 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

Propix has some really nice photos of Roland Garros 2004 that fans might want to check out.

TiVo Help Forumsfeatured member
TC-Con '05, June 13
中日韓 Chinese/Japanese/Korean Dramas board admin

Tristana Moore, BBC News: Arts promoter Christof Blaesius wants to rebuild the [Berlin] wall and have it decorated by artists from around the world. The idea is proving controversial.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd76 is offline Old Post 06-07-2004 02:42 AM
Todd76

Thanks. Those really are nice pics.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged