TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> "Return of the King" NOT shown on Cartoon Network <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wmcbrine is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wmcbrine Find more posts by wmcbrine Add wmcbrine to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wmcbrine
Pink Member

Angry "Return of the King" NOT shown on Cartoon Network

OK, it's a bit late for an alert, but... according to the guide data (at least, the DirecTV version), Cartoon Network was supposed to show the Rankin/Bass version of "Return of the King" last night, as part of their "May Movie Month". Instead, it was "Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring". I went to CN's web site, and it showed the Tom and Jerry movie, with no listing for RotK. Anybody know about this? Is there any hope of catching RotK in the near future? (CN did show "The Hobbit", as well as the Bashki "Lord of the Rings", earlier in the month.)

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kenr is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 10:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kenr Find more posts by kenr Add kenr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenr

I noticed this change too. At least it was a show about a "ring" :-)

I've searched the program guide and Return of the King doesn't appear in the next 10 days.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fustanella is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fustanella Find more posts by Fustanella Add Fustanella to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fustanella
Homo sapiens tivus

Wasn't that the one that was never made? I seem to recall a trilogy that was never completed. Or was that Bakshi?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

They did make it and I have it on Dvd!

I have the original Hobbit, Ralphs Lord of the Rings, and Return of king. Its too bad Ralph did not make all 3 versions his is by far the best rendition.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nephilim is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 08:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nephilim Find more posts by nephilim Add nephilim to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nephilim

Amen. Of course that may just be nostalgia speaking, as I was still in the Happy Meal eating stage when I first saw them. Even so, I have all 3 DVDs as well, and they're still damned good viewing at age 24.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged