TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> $3000 Hd Tivo ??? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MNBugeater is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNBugeater Visit MNBugeater's homepage! Find more posts by MNBugeater Add MNBugeater to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNBugeater

$3000 Hd Tivo ???

I am sure most of you are watching eBay also and have seen this, but in case you havent.

$3000 HD TiVo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=ADME:B:SS:US:1

At least his reserve was met

I want my HD TiVo but not THAT bad

Warren in MN

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffden is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffden Find more posts by jeffden Add jeffden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffden
HDTIVO finally!

I looked through the feedback on the buyer ( wondered if he was crazy ). Almost half of his feedback is from this specific seller. If I didn't know better, I would say it sounds like a scheme to up the prices.

J

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FatherTed is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 04:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FatherTed Find more posts by FatherTed Add FatherTed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FatherTed
Summer's eve pickle

quote:
Originally posted by jeffden
I looked through the feedback on the buyer ( wondered if he was crazy ). Almost half of his feedback is from this specific seller. If I didn't know better, I would say it sounds like a scheme to up the prices.

J

That doesn't make sense. Shill bidding is a way to drive up the price an item is sold for. The shill doesn't actually win or you'd be defeating yourself.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ratfacejt is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ratfacejt Find more posts by ratfacejt Add ratfacejt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ratfacejt

Maybe they thought they had a unit to sell, but ended up not being able to deliver. Wouldn't be the first seller to be in those shoes.

Last edited by ratfacejt on 06-03-2004 at 04:27 AM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ratfacejt is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ratfacejt Find more posts by ratfacejt Add ratfacejt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ratfacejt

Interestingly, the price is now $1350 -- I guess there was some sort of bid retraction.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FatherTed is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FatherTed Find more posts by FatherTed Add FatherTed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FatherTed
Summer's eve pickle

quote:
Originally posted by ratfacejt
Interestingly, the price is now $1350 -- I guess there was some sort of bid retraction.

quote:
Bid: Jun-01-04 10:43:39 PDT
Cancellation: Jun-02-04 14:54:47 PDT
Cancellation: Explanation: Administrative Cancellation
buckstop6969( 0 ) Not a registered user

There's your answer. Buckstop6969 was suspended and, thus, his bid cancelled out.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged