TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> Nip/Tuck Season 2 Premiere <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wallace is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wallace Find more posts by wallace Add wallace to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wallace
Is it in you?

Exclamation Nip/Tuck Season 2 Premiere

Nip/Tuck has it's new season starting on 6/22 at 10pm and for some reason my Directivo did not pick it up with my season pass. I figured I would pass along the word of caution in case it is the same for others. My season pass is setup as "First run only" and the show info clearly states air date 6/22/2004, so I have no clue why the season pass did not automatically schedule it. I had to tell it to record myself, and I am hoping I do not have to do this every week this season.

Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’. --Yoda

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Platt is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Platt Find more posts by David Platt Add David Platt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Platt
Circa 1974

You've been hit by the FX bug-- DirecTV recently changed the name from FX to DTFX for some reason, so a lot of FX SPs got screwed up. There have been quite a few threads about The Shield and screwed up SPs because fo this. Glad you caught it in time!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wallace is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wallace Find more posts by wallace Add wallace to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wallace
Is it in you?

Oh!

I wasn't aware of this bug, probably because I don't have passes set up for other FX shows. I guess I just have to delete and recreate the season pass then. Thanks for the info!

Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’. --Yoda

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by David Platt
You've been hit by the FX bug-- DirecTV recently changed the name from FX to DTFX for some reason, so a lot of FX SPs got screwed up. There have been quite a few threads about The Shield and screwed up SPs because fo this. Glad you caught it in time!
I don't think they changed it on the combo boxes... rather they removed and re-added... same net effect.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Quantu5 is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 05:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Quantu5 Find more posts by Quantu5 Add Quantu5 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quantu5

I have a DirecTivo box and I noticed that my NipTuck season pass wasn't recording any episodes. It showed that nothing would be recorded even though there were 7 or 9 episodes in the next 2 weeks. I delected the season pass and re-added it and everything appears to be working ok now. I plan on keeping an eye open for any screwups.

-Q

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dslunceford is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 01:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dslunceford Visit dslunceford's homepage! Find more posts by dslunceford Add dslunceford to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dslunceford
TiVo Forum Special Member

....And still no one from TiVo cares to comment on why this happened when it's not suppossed to and why when it cropped up a message wasn't sent to most DTiVo boxes about the need to recreate FX SPs...

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Keith_R90210 is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Keith_R90210 Find more posts by Keith_R90210 Add Keith_R90210 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keith_R90210

I noticed that my SA unit didn't automatically pick up the S2 premiere episode, I had to look in the upcoming episodes and do it myself.

-Keith-

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoOpsMgr is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoOpsMgr Visit TiVoOpsMgr's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoOpsMgr Add TiVoOpsMgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

DSLunceford, we did consider sending a message and proposed one to DIRECTV (who is responsible for messages on the DIRECTV with TiVo receivers). Unfortunately, because we cannot target our messages precisely (due to our Privacy Policy, we don't know exactly who is watching FX versus who isn't), we would have had to send the message to all boxes. From our aggregated statistics, we show that only a tiny percent of our customers have Season Passes for shows on FX and were affected by this issue. In the past, when we send any kind of message, a percent of customers calls about the message to either complain or to ask questions about it. Our policy is that if the percent of customers helped is less than the percent of customers who would be confused, we don't send a message. In this case, a message would have caused more confusion than help.

My apologies. I did check to see that there was a thread here and in the other TV Talk forum that alerted customers to this issue. There were quite a few different people who noted this issue.

Best regards,
Stephen

NOTE: I prefer e-mail to Private Messages. Due to the volume of e-mail I receive, please try to go through normal channels or post your question on the forum BEFORE contacting me directly, if possible. Thanks!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thumperxr69 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thumperxr69 Find more posts by thumperxr69 Add thumperxr69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thumperxr69

Are there 3 new episodes the first night??? Isn't that kind of strange???

T

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Quantu5 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 09:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Quantu5 Find more posts by Quantu5 Add Quantu5 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quantu5

quote:
Originally posted by thumperxr69
Are there 3 new episodes the first night??? Isn't that kind of strange???

T

Seems like FX is re-running the original episode multiple times, in addition to the season 2 new episodes. At least that is what the show info says. Can anyone confirm this?

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gardavis is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gardavis Visit gardavis's homepage! Find more posts by gardavis Add gardavis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gardavis

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoOpsMgr
... Our policy is that if the percent of customers helped is less than the percent of customers who would be confused, we don't send a message...

The importance of the message should be given some weight in that calculation.

With your criteria, an unimportant insignificant message helping lots of users would be transmitted and a very important message helping just a few users would not.

Just a thought...

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 05:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by Quantu5
Seems like FX is re-running the original episode multiple times, in addition to the season 2 new episodes. At least that is what the show info says. Can anyone confirm this?

That's right.

They're only showing 1 new episodes on the first night.

Although you wouldn't know it even by looking at their own site. After last season's finale even THEIR guide data on their own site goes generic. Stupid.

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike20878 is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 09:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike20878 Find more posts by Mike20878 Add Mike20878 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike20878
Jake's dad

Subsequent airings are showing up as generic in my guide data. I noticed that, before padding my SP just in case, it was picking up the 11pm repeat of tomorrow night's season premiere.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

I appreciate the explanation, does this mean you are completely at Tribune's mercy when a change like this happens, and there is no fix that can be made before the data goes out to boxes to make the change transparent to users?

I'd like to know then why the G4-TechTV change didn't cause the same problem.

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoOpsMgr
DSLunceford, we did consider sending a message and proposed one to DIRECTV (who is responsible for messages on the DIRECTV with TiVo receivers).

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MisterEd is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterEd Find more posts by MisterEd Add MisterEd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MisterEd
Very Large Member

I came here to check because I have about 12 episodes over then next 2 weeks marked to record (all but 2 aere reruns) - I'm set to first run only.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MisterEd is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterEd Find more posts by MisterEd Add MisterEd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MisterEd
Very Large Member

Huh? I just looked at the shedule grid and the station info and it's still called FX (DirecTivo). Deleting and rebuilding the SP still gave me about 12 reruns schduled to be recorded as well as the 2 new shows. Maybe I am misunderstanding the problem and the fix (if there is one).

quote:
Originally posted by David Platt

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Platt is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Platt Find more posts by David Platt Add David Platt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Platt
Circa 1974

quote:
Originally posted by MisterEd
Huh? I just looked at the shedule grid and the station info and it's still called FX (DirecTivo). Deleting and rebuilding the SP still gave me about 12 reruns schduled to be recorded as well as the 2 new shows. Maybe I am misunderstanding the problem and the fix (if there is one).

That's not the problem the original poster was trying to fix. His SP was not picking up Nip/Tuck at all, which is a result of the recent change by DTV. The episodes having bad guide data is completely unrelated.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cktb2793 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cktb2793 Find more posts by cktb2793 Add cktb2793 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cktb2793

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mtnbkr1 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mtnbkr1 Find more posts by mtnbkr1 Add mtnbkr1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtnbkr1

FWIW - I have found that a well written letter, directly to the network (and producers of the show) calmly and rationally explaining the importance of having accurate guide data usually helps. One basic thing that I make sure they understand is that if they don't get the guide data right, the liklihood that I will tune in drops dramatically (remember I have something like 500 stations to figure out ), and thus there are less eyeballs for their advertisers. That is usually all it takes, although some stations are much better at 'seeing the big picture' than others.

My .02

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged