TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Mac OS conflict w/TiVo Desktop? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ambimb is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 04:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ambimb Find more posts by ambimb Add ambimb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ambimb

Mac OS conflict w/TiVo Desktop?

Has anyone else experienced a conflict with the latest updates to Mac OS X and TiVo desktop? The TiVo Desktop software was working fine for both me and my girlfriend for a while, but last week I installed a couple of security updates from Apple, as well as the new iTunes 4.6, and now TiVo Desktop doesn't work -- the TiVo can't see my computer as a server. Meanwhile, my girlfriend did *not* install these updates, and TiVo can still see her music and photos just fine. I've been through all the troubleshooting tips TiVo offers (checked the options in File Sharing Systemp Pref, for example), but to no avail.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas for resolution? Thanks!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mattman is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mattman Find more posts by mattman Add mattman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattman
Deep In The Mattcave

I did have a problem briefly after doing my latest upgrades, but upgrading the Desktop software to 1.8 solved all of my problems. If you're at 1.8, you might try reinstalling the software.

Matt

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dennis Wilkinson is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis Wilkinson Visit Dennis Wilkinson's homepage! Find more posts by Dennis Wilkinson Add Dennis Wilkinson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dennis Wilkinson
Advanced Member

I'll second Matt's suggestion to be sure you're on the latest rev of the TiVo Desktop. I know that one or two iTunes revs back there were changes that broke the then-current TiVo Desktop, so if you skipped an update or two, this could be what you're running into.

After one iTunes/iPhoto update, I forget which one, TiVo Desktop didn't work until I had actually launched iTunes/iPhoto for the first time, accepted the license agreements, and let the databases update. If you're already on TiVo Desktop 1.8, you might also try just being sure that you've run the new iTunes at least once.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged