TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Six Feet Under 6/20 "In Case of Rapture" <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zaknafein is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 10:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

Six Feet Under 6/20 "In Case of Rapture"

I liked this ep a lot better than last week. It wasn't nearly as dark and depressing as the premiere.

I like how George is beginning to irk the family. It should make things interesting. I was really surprised that David told Keith about his encounter with the plumber.

Oh, and Jonathon as clitoris boy was bizarre...

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 11:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

Best opening death since the frying pan.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 05:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

Probably should of asked this in the season opener thread...

I watched Season 1 and loved it... Started to watch Season 2 and just didn't get into it as much and stopped.

With this season (it is #3, right) - can I start with the season opener and basically "catch up" with whats going on.... or do I need some sort of synopsis on what occured during the previous season?

Jeff

Please visit my Personal Page to learn more and to donate online. 100% of your donation is Tax Deductible.
If you wish to donate via check, please either PM or email me for information.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 06:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

It is one thing to hate someone enough to send them dog crap... it is another to care enough to seal a fresh pile in their own Tupperware just to preserve it's freshness.

I was pretty surprised that Keith wasn't PO'ed at David getting a hummer from a stranger. That guy could have herpes or something (and knowing this show he probably did).

I really like the sugar-daddy storyline with Rico. She is slowly testing him to see how far he'll go until eventually he will get sloppy and destroy his marriage.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

etexlady is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for etexlady Find more posts by etexlady Add etexlady to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
etexlady

I usually enjoy any series on HBO. I liked Oz, Deadwood, Sopranos, Sex and the City, etc. I somehow missed Six Feet Under so I watched a few older episodes and got a season pass for the new season. I guess I would figure out the characters and story before too long but, please, do these people have to kiss like they were slurping soup or smacking gum! The constant (it seems) smack, smack, smack, smack just drives me nuts. I canceled the season pass. Nip/Tuck is better anyway.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 08:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by cheerdude
With this season (it is #3, right) - can I start with the season opener and basically "catch up" with whats going on.... or do I need some sort of synopsis on what occured during the previous season?
The beginning of the first episode this season runs you through all the major events that have taken place in peoples lives; it'd probably be enough to catch you up since you know who everyone is for the most part.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hawkamer is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 08:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hawkamer Find more posts by hawkamer Add hawkamer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hawkamer
Super Duper Member

I liked this episode. George is definitely up to something. I also like the impeding rivalry between George and Arthur. Arthur sitting at the table silently fuming over the yogurt was priceless!

Can't say that I cared for Nate leaving the business. What's he gonna do, get a day job?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WinBear is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 08:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WinBear Find more posts by WinBear Add WinBear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WinBear
13EEE

Nate needs to get through his grieving without having to console everyone else in their grieving, so him 'quitting' is very appropriate. I'll be interested in seeing where they go with this. He really needs to get it out of his system though since he's the best person at Fisher & Diaz to interact with the customers.

I'm wondering if George is planning to get involved in the business? This George and Arthur rivalry is going to get messy, or at least messier than it already is.

I'm glad to see Claire getting back into her art. The blood and feces pictures will make a great start to an uncomfortable photo series.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by WinBear

The blood and feces pictures will make a great start to an uncomfortable photo series.

The blood and feces series... that sounds like a show TBS would run during prime time.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Satchel is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Satchel Find more posts by Satchel Add Satchel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Satchel
Who, me?

Its just great that ALL the characters are actually doing something to move the storylines ahead...which is something the writers at the Sopranos should consider more than twice a season...

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

I liked last night's episode. I couldn't believe how many times I found myself laughing.

I'll say this though, if I had to be around people like Claire and her friends I'd be miserable. What depressing and annoying people.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLiquid is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLiquid Visit DLiquid's homepage! Find more posts by DLiquid Add DLiquid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLiquid
TiVo Forum Special Member

I thought the bits with Arthur were hilarious. I loved it when he looked up the definition of Formica.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iguru42 is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iguru42 Find more posts by iguru42 Add iguru42 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iguru42
ECT

Do we all agree that it was Arthur's poop in the tupperware?

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JnApop is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JnApop Find more posts by JnApop Add JnApop to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JnApop
I'm a delivery boy!

quote:
Originally posted by iguru42
Do we all agree that it was Arthur's poop in the tupperware?

Definetly.... Since it was packed so neatly in Tupperware, I see it as
Arthur saying, "Eat S**t"

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iguru42 is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iguru42 Find more posts by iguru42 Add iguru42 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iguru42
ECT

LOL

I hadn't thought it through that far, I totally agree.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLiquid is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLiquid Visit DLiquid's homepage! Find more posts by DLiquid Add DLiquid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLiquid
TiVo Forum Special Member

I think the Tupperware feces delivery is related to part of George's mysterious past that is coming back to haunt him.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:17 AM
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by DLiquid
I think the Tupperware feces delivery is related to part of George's mysterious past that is coming back to haunt him.
That is what I was thinking, I am guessing he did something terrible relating to his family (such as molesting a son or daughter).

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bananfish is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bananfish Find more posts by Bananfish Add Bananfish to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bananfish
Preowned Member

quote:
Originally posted by WinBear
Nate needs to get through his grieving without having to console everyone else in their grieving, so him 'quitting' is very appropriate.

I thought it was a little odd that David didn't suggest to Nate that he just take a few month sabbatical instead of quitting altogether - I mean, it's not like David couldn't see that being around funerals was not a healthy part of the healing process for Nate.

LR/BR Rcvr: Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo/DirecTV Director Pack
DVD/VCR: Philips Q50 DVD/JVC (cheapie)
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650 (HT-R500 A/V rcvr + SKS-HT500 speakers)

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bananfish is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bananfish Find more posts by Bananfish Add Bananfish to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bananfish
Preowned Member

Did anyone else notice that the poop formed a perfect heart? I kind of thought it might have been from a former lover or somebody who knew something about George's prior love life that wanted to send him a message or warning.

LR/BR Rcvr: Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo/DirecTV Director Pack
DVD/VCR: Philips Q50 DVD/JVC (cheapie)
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650 (HT-R500 A/V rcvr + SKS-HT500 speakers)

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

quote:
Originally posted by Bananfish
Did anyone else notice that the poop formed a perfect heart? I kind of thought it might have been from a former lover or somebody who knew something about George's prior love life that wanted to send him a message or warning.

I noticed it.

To me having it come from Arthur might seem too obvious in the SFU universe. I hope it is from Arthur, as it is perfect that way, but it wouldn't surprise me if it leads somewhere else.

Now if it had come in a yogurt container...

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged