TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Costa Mesa Best Buy In Stock <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trojanlaw is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 04:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Trojanlaw Find more posts by Trojanlaw Add Trojanlaw to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trojanlaw

Talking Costa Mesa Best Buy In Stock

Costa Mesa Best Buy got 19 in last night. I picked one up at 8:00 pm last night. They are not on the floor so you have to ask for them. Nor can you buy them online. You can only go to the store.

Good luck to anyone close.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLiquid is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLiquid Visit DLiquid's homepage! Find more posts by DLiquid Add DLiquid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLiquid
TiVo Forum Special Member

FYI, I think both the San Francisco BB and the Costa Mesa BB are getting regular shipments now. These are the two Best Buy stores with a Magnolia Home Theater store within them. Until BB starts releasing the HD TiVos to its other stores or online, the SF and Costa Mesa stores should be getting all of the units allocated to Best Buy, meaning it will probably be simple to get one at those stores.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Castaa is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Castaa Find more posts by Castaa Add Castaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Castaa

I'm first the waiting list at the SF BB (on Harrison St.). No calls from them as of yet about any new HDTiVo units in stock.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rttrek is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rttrek Visit rttrek's homepage! Find more posts by rttrek Add rttrek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rttrek
Lurker

Re: Costa Mesa Best Buy In Stock

quote:
Originally posted by Trojanlaw
Costa Mesa Best Buy got 19 in last night. I picked one up at 8:00 pm last night. They are not on the floor so you have to ask for them. Nor can you buy them online. You can only go to the store.

Good luck to anyone close.

Thanks to this heads-up, I went by there last night. Got there at 6:15, and asked a sales droid (Chris in home theater) for one. He searched high and low, and eventually found that the computer said 12 in stock, but he couldn't find them. Then he found most of them, a stack of 8 behind the Magnolia counter, all with holds awaiting pick-up.

I asked him to contact the Magnolia manager (who wasn't there at the time). He went off to talk to his supervisor. While I waited, a guy in scrubs (obviously a doctor) showed up and said he'd gotten a call from the Magnolia manager to pick his up. They sold him one, so even though they don't take pre-orders officially, the manager had a waiting list and made calls when he got stock.

10 minutes later Chris showed back up with another unit under his arm! He had found two more stashed elsewhere. I bought it immediately. I'm sure the other one is gone by now, but Chris said they expect more in shortly.

Kudos to Chris for service above and beyond the call of normal BB droids. If you want one, I suggest calling the Magnolia manager inside the Costa Mesa BB (I thnk his name was Jerome) and get on his list.

Meanwhile, I still wait on Value Electronics' list. I need another one, so I won't cancel, but what a joke that has become! At least the one I get from them will be discounted.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JaredB is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JaredB Visit JaredB's homepage! Find more posts by JaredB Add JaredB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JaredB

FYI, Costa Mesa is the same store that said they were holding one for me until closing - only for me to find it sold when I got there (after driving 2 hours to get there). When I spoke to the guy who said he was holding it he said 'well, officially we can't hold things for people. I meant I would try to set one aside'.
This was a few weeks ago when they got their last shipment.
YMMV

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

okleydokley is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for okleydokley Find more posts by okleydokley Add okleydokley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okleydokley
TIVO version XP

I just got one here. They had about 8 nest to the MAGNOLIA sales counter. Said they were all being held for customers, they looked in the back for me and said they didn't have any more, but decided that they could sell me one of the 8.. I asked for a free Oval dish and they gave me that too..
I guess I will be watching the olympics in HD!!!!!!!!!!!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rttrek is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rttrek Visit rttrek's homepage! Find more posts by rttrek Add rttrek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rttrek
Lurker

Sounds like okleydokley (Ned Flanders, is that you?) got JaredB's unit. Well, not really, but one can never trust BB droids, even if they're Magnolia droids in disguise.

I guess I should have asked for a dish too. Waitaminute! I already have two!! I could have sold it with my Samsung TS360 though. Maybe I should go back! Which droid did you get this from?

If it's on your receipt, maybe I can get a copy/fax of it?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spackletoe is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 08:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spackletoe Find more posts by spackletoe Add spackletoe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spackletoe

I went there at 10am today (opening) and they said that they didn't have any. The guy looked in the back too. He said that he got a call from a guy in NY that told him if he could hold on that he'd fly out to buy it. Uhh.. you ever get the feeling these "droids" are playing us?

As much as I would rather NOT buy it from Best Buy (CC has a much better return policy), this place is at least getting them in on a regular basis.

-spack

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dbears is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dbears Find more posts by dbears Add dbears to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbears

thanks for the tip

I live in St. Louis but my wife was visiting family in Norwalk California this past week. I saw this thread and asked my wife if she'd be willing to stop by the BB in Costa Mesa. I give her all the credit in the world because she drove down to the BB yesterday and picked it up for me. She also purchased the extended warrantee. Since we got HDTV a couple of year's back, we've been torn between live HDTV or DirecTivo whenever we wanted it. This is the perfect solution. She comes back this Tuesday and I plan on installing it on Wednesday. In the meantime, I'll need to study the thread on begging the DirecTv retention department for a credit.

Thanks again for the tip on Costa Mesa

Mike (Da Bears)

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fletch is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 10:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fletch Find more posts by Fletch Add Fletch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fletch

They have more!

I stopped by around 10:30 AM today (Saturday). They were sold out and asked if I wanted to go on the list. I said "yes" and was told I was around "3 or 4".

They called me back within 2 hours and said they got a new shipment in today! When I got there, there was a stack of 3 or 4 with names on them. No one seemed to know how many were on "the pallet in the back".

If you live in Orange County, go get one...

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged