TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Have You Ever Done Anything This Stupid? <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
teasip is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for teasip Find more posts by teasip Add teasip to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teasip

Smile Have You Ever Done Anything This Stupid?

Time to come clean. Last night I'm watching the news and decide that I want to see what is coming up on Letterman/Leno. I can't get the remote to switch to the guide. I can't get the remote to change channels. What the heck? I exchange the batteries. Still no go. I even pick up my RS remote and try it. Same thing. Now I'm going nuts. I then look at the screen and it is asking me if I want to save or delete the program. I forgot I had TiVo'd the news! Not one of my stronger moments.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

markp99 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for markp99 Find more posts by markp99 Add markp99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markp99
TakoKichi

Ha! Been there, done that!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rojma is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rojma Visit Rojma's homepage! Find more posts by Rojma Add Rojma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rojma

I've done that too. I think most of us have.

But I can beat you in the stupid things department. Two weeks ago I rented a car and went out the wrong exit and punctured all 4 tires.

Now that's stupid.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

teasip is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for teasip Find more posts by teasip Add teasip to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teasip

Wow

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoGeezer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoGeezer Visit TivoGeezer's homepage! Find more posts by TivoGeezer Add TivoGeezer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoGeezer
Happy Geezer Year!

quote:
Originally posted by Rojma

But I can beat you in the stupid things department. Two weeks ago I rented a car and went out the wrong exit and punctured all 4 tires.

Now that's stupid.

When you punctured the front two, that wasn't a clue to stop?

One person's "quality TV" is another's "there's nothing on".

PM me your current email address for a Gmail invite.
Happy Tivo Owner since October, 2000
"I'm a sig-fodder whore." - scottjf8
"I'm a lazy asshat!" - montag
"For a small fee- I will be your own personal snipe" - scubagal
Don't be misled
Please don't ask about FSI or dual tuner SA TiVo!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Martin Tupper is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Martin Tupper Find more posts by Martin Tupper Add Martin Tupper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martin Tupper
China Doll Hand Java

quote:
Originally posted by Rojma

Now that's stupid.

Yes, that was stupid.

I hope you used a credit card that gave you rental insurance automatically.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AbMagFab is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AbMagFab Visit AbMagFab's homepage! Find more posts by AbMagFab Add AbMagFab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

When I want to check out a TV show, I press the Tivo button twice.

What's this Guide you speak of?

SD-DVR40 240GB with Linksys USB200M, TivoWeb, TyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs_ftp (but no S1->S2)
HR10-250 HD DirecTivo, 500GB with LinkSys USB200M, TivoWebPlus, HDTyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs-ftp

Click to see my useless thoughts...
DirecTV + Tivo is better than Cable, you're wrong if you don't agree.
People I won't do business with ever again: 1) Value Electronics

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

teasip is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:04 AM
teasip

Program guide (button 2 o'clock to the 4 way button).

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TrojanHorse is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TrojanHorse Find more posts by TrojanHorse Add TrojanHorse to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TrojanHorse
Time Bandit

How many of you have sat there with the remote, clicking away to no avail, only to discover (days later! after several new batteries) that you had the peanut on TV mode, not TiVo mode... :/

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mjh is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjh Visit mjh's homepage! Find more posts by mjh Add mjh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjh
Re: Member

Re: Have You Ever Done Anything This Stupid?

quote:
Originally posted by teasip
Last night I'm watching the news and decide that I want to see what is coming up on Letterman/Leno. I can't get the remote to switch to the guide. I can't get the remote to change channels... I then look at the screen and it is asking me if I want to save or delete the program. I forgot I had TiVo'd the news! Not one of my stronger moments.
I've done the "change channel" thing while watching a recording, and been frustrated by why it didn't work. But whenever I press "Guide" while in a recording, it switches to Live TV and then brings up the guide. Is that abnormal?

December 2002 - April 2003: SA TiVo S2, 40hr, unmodified, lifetime sub (sold)
Prior to Dec 2002: no TiVo. Coveting. MASSIVE coveting.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

schuro is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for schuro Find more posts by schuro Add schuro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schuro

How about holding your remote backwards and pressing what you think is the play button only to have it play in slow motion. Press it again and again to no avail. DUH...

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnC is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnC Find more posts by JohnC Add JohnC to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnC
Advanced Member

How about looking out the window because the ticker across the screen is warning of severe thunderstorms or something and you're thinking how nice it was outside just a few minutes ago? Oh yeah, that was last week.... when it was recorded.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Video-Idiot is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Video-Idiot Find more posts by Video-Idiot Add Video-Idiot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Video-Idiot
My bad, sorry.

What's live tv?

If you read something here that offends you... stop reading.
Even the voice of reason needs to shut up now and then.
A date can be seen as a nonrecurring expense... a wife is overhead.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scaroth is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scaroth Find more posts by Scaroth Add Scaroth to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scaroth

I've only had two DirecTivos in the same room for a week (one standard, one HD), but already I've become frustrated on more than one occasion by trying to use the wrong Tivo remote!

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ncshawng is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ncshawng Find more posts by ncshawng Add ncshawng to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ncshawng
DirecTivo Junkie

I've got you all beat.

I erased my Tivo'ed Super Bowl of Carolina vs New England before I heard about the Janet Jackson expose' on the newsa.

Made me wish there was an Undelete feature.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Stanley Rohner is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stanley Rohner Find more posts by Stanley Rohner Add Stanley Rohner to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stanley Rohner
Advanced Member

I'd be surprised if any "rental insurance" would pay for ruining 4 tires by going out the wrong exit.

Like someone else said - When you punctured the front 2 tires wasn't that a clue to stop?

Dah !!!!!

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GaryGnu is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GaryGnu Find more posts by GaryGnu Add GaryGnu to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GaryGnu

quote:
Originally posted by JohnC
How about looking out the window because the ticker across the screen is warning of severe thunderstorms or something and you're thinking how nice it was outside just a few minutes ago? Oh yeah, that was last week.... when it was recorded.

My daughter always notices the thunderstorm warning and she hates thunderstorms, and she's not quite old enough to understand how Tivo works. Its takes some explaining.

Gary

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoPeY5007 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoPeY5007 Find more posts by DoPeY5007 Add DoPeY5007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoPeY5007

quote:
Originally posted by JohnC
when I hold it upside down I always hit rewind when I think it is FF

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BradL1279 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BradL1279 Find more posts by BradL1279 Add BradL1279 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradL1279

lol, i have done something like that before. iam glad iam not the only one.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gomer Pyle is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gomer Pyle Find more posts by Gomer Pyle Add Gomer Pyle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gomer Pyle

quote:
Originally posted by ncshawng
Made me wish there was an Undelete feature.

Install TiVoWeb...

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged