TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> And the new villain in Star Wars Ep 3 is.. (very minor spoilers) <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

And the new villain in Star Wars Ep 3 is.. (very minor spoilers)

... Gary Oldman, who will be voicing General Grievous (the robotic Jedi Killer droid previously seen in the Clone Wars cartoon series).

From today's IMDB Celebrity News...

quote:
British actor Gary Oldman will play the "deadliest" Star Wars villain ever in the franchise's final prequel Episode Three. The Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban star will voice character General Grievous, who is a part-alien/part-robot. And insiders say Oldman - who is considered to be one of the finest actors of his generation - was handpicked for the part by series creator George Lucas, who is a big fan of his work. A source says, "George thought Gary was the ideal choice." According to reports, Oldman's character will try and hunt down Jedi knights Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi in the film, which is due to hit cinemas next summer.
That'll be kinda cool, actually. I loved Grievous in the cartoon series, despite the limited screen time he/it got.

Come voice your opinion on hotel selection.. it's important, and it matters!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLSith is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLSith Visit DLSith's homepage! Find more posts by DLSith Add DLSith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLSith
Advanced Member

Thats great news. I started thinking about the guy he played in Hannibal and how great that voice work was. This will be great for the character.

edit: I think I used the word great a little too much. Uh... This is wonderful! I guess two cans of Dr. Pepper and SW excitement dont go well together.

Han shoots first!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

So much for spoiler free for Episode III, huh Dave?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLSith is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLSith Visit DLSith's homepage! Find more posts by DLSith Add DLSith to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLSith
Advanced Member

How is this a spoiler?

Han shoots first!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Originally posted by DLSith
How is this a spoiler?
You now know that Grievous won't be dying in the second installment of the Clone Wars cartoon series.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

I thought the answer was going to be George Lucas.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLSith is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:23 AM
DLSith
Advanced Member

Well, considering we always knew he was going to be in the movies, I never thought he was going to die in the cartoon. I mean come on, they had his picture on the cover of Star Wars Insider (and not a cartoon picture, he is much cooler in real life)

Han shoots first!

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

phxbruzer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phxbruzer Visit phxbruzer's homepage! Find more posts by phxbruzer Add phxbruzer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phxbruzer
Viva La TiVo!!!

I loved him as Zorg in the Fifth Element.

Even a Broken clock is right twice a day!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:25 AM
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
they had his picture on the cover of Star Wars Insider (and not a cartoon picture, he is much cooler in real life)
Oh reallllllllllly??

Sounds like I might need to renew my subscription to the Insider, then.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

quote:
I mean come on, they had his picture on the cover of Star Wars Insider (and not a cartoon picture, he is much cooler in real life)

The only pic I saw was an extreme close-up of his face. You couldn't really make out anything but eyes. Is there a better picture?

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DougF is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DougF Find more posts by DougF Add DougF to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DougF
Alliance Magician

quote:
British actor Gary Oldman will play the "deadliest" Star Wars villain ever in the franchise's final prequel Episode Three.

If he offs JarJar, that will be deadly enough for me!

=========================================

I'm DougF and I do not approve this message.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLSith is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:32 AM
DLSith
Advanced Member

Here you go Skittles:

Warning: Definite spoilers of what Grievious looks like
http://www.starwars.com/community/n...ws20040315.html

Han shoots first!

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:37 AM
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Here you go Skittles:

Warning: Definite spoilers of what Grievious looks like
http://www.starwars.com/community/n...ws20040315.html

Oh my goodness, I think I need to change my pants now.

Now THAT is awesome. He was kinda cool as the spider-y droid in the Clone Wars cartoons... but now I'm all excited after seeing him in a humanoid-esque form.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLSith is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:44 AM
DLSith
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Skittles
Oh my goodness, I think I need to change my pants now.

Now THAT is awesome. He was kinda cool as the spider-y droid in the Clone Wars cartoons... but now I'm all excited after seeing him in a humanoid-esque form.

Told Ya!

I have to say, I saw these first, so I was quite disapointed with the Cartoon interpretation. I thought they could have done a much better job. At least what the cartoon version lacked in looks was made up for in pure evil and intimidation.

Han shoots first!

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

This is the latest picture i've seen, and imho 10 times better than the white stormtrooper type armor the other pictures had.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/im...ver_unknown.jpg

Looks like the guy's been in a battle or two.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vman41 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vman41 Find more posts by vman41 Add vman41 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vman41
Advanced Member

Oldman's performance as Dr. Smith was about the only good thing in the Lost in Space movie. He does evil good.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
How is this a spoiler?

While the content my not actually be a spoiler, the title of the thread did say 'very minor spoiler' so I wouldn't have expected to see you in here.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blips is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blips Find more posts by blips Add blips to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blips
Advanced Member

quote:
Told Ya!

I have to say, I saw these first, so I was quite disapointed with the Cartoon interpretation. I thought they could have done a much better job. At least what the cartoon version lacked in looks was made up for in pure evil and intimidation.

If you listen to the cartoon creator's commentary on the final episode of the cartoon he said he had very little to work with when they told him that he was to introduce General Grievious. He had to make up a lot from with very little to work with.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged