TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> I drove 250 miles to get mine. <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
leafsfan is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for leafsfan Find more posts by leafsfan Add leafsfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leafsfan

Cool I drove 250 miles to get mine.

On Monday the 21st I noticed that the Best Buy store on North Avenue in Chicago showed some in stock on the BB website.

I called the BB's toll free number to see if it could be shipped to my house or to one of the local stores. No luck there. The woman did give me the number for the Chicago store.

I talked with a girl in customer service to see if they actually had them in stock.

She asked"Is that the one for $1000?"

"Yes"

After a short time she said they had six in the store.

"Can you ship it to me?

"No"

"Can you hold one for me? I'm driving from Toledo(Ohio)"

"No we can't do that, people who come in and buy 3 or 4 at a time."

I figured no guts, no glory. So at 3:30 pm EDT I embarked on the 4.5 hour drive to the Windy City.

When I arrived I headed back the the video area and to my amazement there were 10 HD Tivos stacked neatly on the floor!!! I tracked down the sales guy and was out of the store in less than 15 minutes (a personal record for Best Buy).

Nine hours later I pulled in the driveway with my very own HR10-250.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jones07 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jones07 Visit jones07's homepage! Find more posts by jones07 Add jones07 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jones07
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: I drove 250 miles to get mine.

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan

Nine hours later I pulled in the driveway with my very own HR10-250.

I can honestly say that I would never do that for a piece of Home Theater equipment

TiVo has some loyal consumers

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard
TiVo Forum Special Member

I am glad they still had one when you got there. Some things are worth a little extra effort.

Chris

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

I hope you at least stopped at Cheli's Chili. Any respecting Original Six fan would do it because Chelios played for three of the six teams.......

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leafsfan is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for leafsfan Find more posts by leafsfan Add leafsfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leafsfan

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gerhard
I am glad they still had one when you got there. Some things are worth a little extra effort.

Chris

I was prepared for the dissapointment. FWIW, I had a feeling. I also had a feeling about the Powerball jackpot, but that didn't go as well.

quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
I hope you at least stopped at Cheli's Chili. Any respecting Original Six fan would do it because Chelios played for three of the six teams.......

No. It is on my list when I go back in August.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

all's well that turns out well

that was gutsy!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

Thumbs up

Way to go, Dude....literally!

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsblaski is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsblaski Find more posts by rsblaski Add rsblaski to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsblaski

leafsfan,
Did you ask if you could do a cc transaction on the phone and then have them hold it for you to pick up?
I see them in stock at the Costa Mesa, CA store (about 270 miles) more and more, and wonder if I could do that when I am ready to buy.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leafsfan is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:55 AM
leafsfan

No I didn't. It is certainly worth a try.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CarlC is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarlC Find more posts by CarlC Add CarlC to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarlC

wow, you are one dedicated HT freak like many of us.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged