TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Cincinnati: HR10-250 @ Circuit City <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
snoman is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snoman Find more posts by snoman Add snoman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snoman

Cincinnati: HR10-250 @ Circuit City

After trying it out for 30 days, I decided that $999 was too steep a price tag for the ability to time shift HD. Mine worked great, but I just ended up with buyer's remorse.

So today I returned mine to Circuit City @ Fields Ertel road in Mason, Ohio. It was the store manager who took it back. He really didn't want to take it back. Made up something about how he couldn't take it back since he didn't have any in stock. Then said he couldn't take it back because I didn't buy it there. When I called 1-800-THE-CITY and asked them about it, they once again directed me to my nearest CC store. When I told the lady on the phone that I was there, talking to the store manager, and that he said he couldn't take it back .... then she asked to talk to the manager. After the manager hung up on her, he agreed to take it back.

Well.... then I told him I wanted to buy a standard definition DirecTivo receiver. He went and got me the floor model which had only the receiver and remote (no cables - not even a power cable!). He told me it was $299 (it was the 120 hour one). I told him I wanted the $99 model, and that I wanted a brand new one in a sealed box.

After he rang it up (with the $999 return from the HR10-250) I saw I was only getting a credit of $909. I then noticed he was trying to charge me $49 for "existing customer antenna install." At that point I told him to forget it, credit me the $1050 (with tax) and I would leave and get my DirecTivo somewhere else.

To make a long story , CC on Fields Ertel has one and the manager indicated he could sell it. I can vouch that it works fine, has all of the cables, etc. Although he told me he could sell it, I noticed that he stuck a DEFECTIVE sticker on it when I was leaving.... so you might want to call first (513-683-3500). The manager's name is John (I think). If you can buy it, you will get the full warranty and 30-day return ability.... so it should be fine. Just make sure you check your paperwork so you don't get ripped off like they tried to do me....

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pretzl is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pretzl Find more posts by pretzl Add pretzl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pretzl

Unhappy Gone :(

Wow- I called 10 minutes after this post and was informed that it's already been resold.

And just when I thought I'd gotten lucky!

So who picked it up?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

snoman is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snoman Find more posts by snoman Add snoman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snoman

Re: Gone :(

quote:
Originally posted by pretzl
Wow- I called 10 minutes after this post and was informed that it's already been resold.

And just when I thought I'd gotten lucky!

So who picked it up?

After reading this, I thought maybe the manager decided to return it as defective (and was just telling people it was sold). I returned the thing about 11:00AM and posted the message above about 1:00PM. Turns out I was getting harassing phone calls from Circuit City all afternoon (when I wasn't home) because the person that bought it wasn't able to activate it because it was still active on my account! I called and talked to the sales guy after calling DirecTV and he said that somebody came in around 11:45 and saw it sitting there and said "I've been trying to get a hold of one of those for 6 months, can I buy it?"

Sorry Pretzl. I wonder if the person who bought it is a forum member -- maybe they will be posting something here....

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged