TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> ? on dual output <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lholt is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lholt Find more posts by lholt Add lholt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lholt

? on dual output

I am in the process of designing my new home theater/living room setup.

I am planning on keeping the 36" HDTV and adding a front projector and would like the HD Tivo to send a signal to both.

I read on this forum that you can not easily switch between component and HDMI output, so that killed my component to TV and HDMI to projector plan.

Has anyone else done this or planned this?
What are my options, do I need some sort of component switcher?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 11:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx
TiVo Forum Special Member

You could probably use a component switcher in reverse, or there are distribution amplifiers which work with component inputs. For component switchers, try:<http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...232#post1852232>. For distribution amplifiers, try searching.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lholt is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lholt Find more posts by lholt Add lholt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lholt

Looks like they have a component splitter. That should do the trick. Thank you.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by lholt
Looks like they have a component splitter. That should do the trick. Thank you.
Who has a component splitter? If its just a passive split cable it won't work very well, it messes up the signal levels. It needs to have some electronics involved to do it properly. (When its usually called a distribution amplifier.)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lholt is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:45 AM
lholt

I found the splitter on the site from the thread you referenced, they do call it a distribution amplifier.

http://www.inday.com/hdda1/hdda1.htm

Thank you.

Last edited by lholt on 06-28-2004 at 09:51 AM

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

INDAY has some quality products. I bought their component switcher when it first came out a couple of years ago. It has performed flawlessly. They definitely stand behind their products. i just bought their audio switcher and they sent me the remote chip upgrade (for free) to upgrade the remote so it would be compatible with the audio switcher. Since my switcher was a first generation it needed to be upgraded.
I would not hesitate to order from them again.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged