TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Is This The Installation Process ? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jake34 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jake34 Find more posts by jake34 Add jake34 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jake34

Is This The Installation Process ?

Directv advised me that if I can obtain a HD Tivo receiver, I can then call them and they will do the installation of it including bringing a new triple lnb dish upgrade from my current dual lnb dish for $49. This will include installing the dish, running necessary cable and hooking up HD Tivo receiver.

Is this how some of you have gotten it done? Seems like $49 is a bargain from the Directv end. I have gotten a lot of misinformation from places like Circuit City where the salespeople don't know much about any of this. One guy said my dual lnb would work for HD and I knew better than that. By the way I already have my HD television and this is just to upgrade from my Std Def Tivo to HD Tivo.

If this all makes sense, I will start my venture to get the HD Tivo receiver.
Thanks for any confirmation that how I understand this works is correct. Any advice on how to get the HD Tivo would help too.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dogen is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 04:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dogen Find more posts by Dogen Add Dogen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogen

If you negotiate with them you can get the triple lnb dish+install for free. I got that and a programming credit as well when I got my hdtivo.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 05:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

Your dual LNB dish will get HD if it is the oval type, but you will have to add a SAT C Kit to make it a triple LNB.

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jake34 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jake34 Find more posts by jake34 Add jake34 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jake34

Dogen-Sounds like getting Directv to do it is the way to go no matter what. I will try to get it for free if I can.
Robnalex- My dual lnb is round. I would hope they just give me a new dish. The current one has some age to it.

Now I have to get the HD Tivo receiver. That seems to be the hard part. I am going to keep on CC and go to Best Buy. They are local here. I will probably be wise to stay away from Ebay and places over the net that I am not familiar with. I just hope supply picks up soon. It is starting to sound like they may be easier to get than a month or so ago.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

There will surely be more at BB & CC soon, and the advantage of purchasing from one of them is the extended warranty you can purchase and the ease of returning the unit if you get a lemon.

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

raguilar is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for raguilar Find more posts by raguilar Add raguilar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raguilar

I just got my HDTivo from the Good Guys. I called DirecTV and got a $300 credit. I needed a dish upgrade as well and they did charge me $49 for it. When I activated my HDTivo, I got the HD channels for 1 month for free.

Ron A.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged