TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Sound / Video Problem <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hoopster777 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hoopster777 Find more posts by Hoopster777 Add Hoopster777 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoopster777

Sound / Video Problem

Hello,

I just purchases a new Tivo and I'm having a small problem. I have a digital cable box and all of the Tivo menus are fine. I have downloaded all of the stuff and everything is fine except one thing. I can't get my Tivo to send the RCA (audio/video cable to my tv. I have also tried red/white and the S-Video cable, but not luck. I here sound and the video comes on my tv, but the sound is low and no S-Video. I have unplugged this cable and the sound is the same. Therefore, something must not be hooked up correctly. I have the cable from the wall going to the correct port on my cable box. I have the cable RCA cables going to the correct place on my Tivo, I have the RCA jacks coming from the Tivo output to the back of my TV / red/white/yellow, but I still get low volume. If I switch my TV to say Video 1, I can it hear it in Stereo the way that it's supposed to sound, but the screen is black. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JPriller is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JPriller Find more posts by JPriller Add JPriller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPriller
just some guy

I'm having trouble following what you've got hooked to what.

The cable box should be connected to the TiVo using the red/white RCA audio jacks and one of either S-Video (which carries only video, not sound) or the yellow RCA composite video jack. The TiVo also has to be configured to know what input on it you're using (S-Video or yellow composite). Then you connect the TiVo to the TV the same way, red/white audio jacks and either S-Video or yellow composite video.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged