TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Major Spideyology recording failure! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cheezmo is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cheezmo Visit Cheezmo's homepage! Find more posts by Cheezmo Add Cheezmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheezmo

Major Spideyology recording failure!

I set up a season pass for Spider-Man to catch the "Spideyology" on ABC Family this morning. They featured 10 back to back 30 minute episodes starting at 6:00 am.

I ended up with only 6 of 9 I expected (one was a repeat from yesterday) being recorded!

recorded the 6:00am one
skipped the 6:30am one
recorded the 7:00am one
skipped the 7:30am one
recorded the 8:00am one
recorded the 8:30am one
recorded the 9:00am one
recorded the 9:30am one
skipped the 10:00am one
(the 10:30am one was a repeat of yesterday).

The only indication of anything in the Recording history is the 10:30 one not being recorded because it was recorded previously.

Any ideas why it skipped 3 of them? Here are some more clues...

If I look back in the channel guide, the 3 that were skipped do not have "thumbs up" next to them. Adding a thumbs up to one of the "missing 3" makes it appear on all of them.

So, it appears that it thinks they are a different show?

I supposed it comes down to the fact that it doesn't use the show name, but instead some "series ID" or something and some of the episodes were coded with a different series ID (hence the lack of thumbs up on those that didn't record). Pretty lame.

Oh well, thankfully, I told my ReplayTV to record all the episodes manually.

This is a case where "dots" or something in the channel guide could have been useful, as that would have quickly indicated to me that for some reason some episodes weren't marked for recording. The only way I could have known in advance would have been to compare the to-do list to the channel guide and count the episodes or something which was not going to happen.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SleepyBob is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 03:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SleepyBob Find more posts by SleepyBob Add SleepyBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SleepyBob

I believe there are two unique Season Passes, both called "Spider-man". You probably only have one set up.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cheezmo is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cheezmo Visit Cheezmo's homepage! Find more posts by Cheezmo Add Cheezmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheezmo

How was I to know that. Seems to be a significant failing of whatever method is used to identify TV shows. A block of 5 hours of shows all with the same title and you need 2 season passes? Who would guess that?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

That's why if something is really important you don't depend on the box without a double check. The ToDo list is your friend. Not sure from your first message why that would have not been possible--it would have been obvious there were "holes" in recording with just a glance at the ToDo list.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cheezmo is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:19 PM
Cheezmo

Yes, the To Do list would have been a good place to double check had I known that was necessary.

The "Spideology" actually mixed episodes from several different Spider-Man series. I figured that must have been it after watching the first two. One was the original cartoon, the second was "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends". The third one was from yet another later Spider-Man series. So, there could have been 3 different season passes, but for some reason only 2 were needed.

Oh well, I guess I know what to look out for from now on.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged