TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> It's time for another car insurance thread. <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
montag is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for montag Find more posts by montag Add montag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
montag
Rebel Without a Home

It's time for another car insurance thread.

Well, I just received my 6 month bill so I thought I'd see what others are paying.

36yo male
2003 Honda Odyssey

Bodily Injury $250K/each person $500K/each occurrence
Property Damage $100K/each occurrence
Uninsured/under-insured Motorists $250K/$500K
Comp deductible: $500
Collision deductible: $500

We also are getting credits for: 30/60 plus (?), Anti-theft, accident free, auto/home, 4 wheel ABS.

The six month premium is $364.80. What are you paying?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

moondoggie is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for moondoggie Find more posts by moondoggie Add moondoggie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moondoggie
Advanced Member

39 year old male & 36 year old female

2001 MB C240
2000 MB ML320

$100,000/$300,000
UM $100,000/$300,000
$50,000 property damage
$500/$500 dedutibles

$798 for 6 months - Mercury Insurance

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

How much am I paying?

Too much!

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nataylor is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nataylor Find more posts by nataylor Add nataylor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nataylor
Curiously Strong

28 yo male + 28 yo female

2000 Oldsmobile Alero
2003 Honda CR-V

$100k/$300K
$100K property damage
$100k/$300k uninsured motorist
$100k uninsured motorist property damage
$500/$500 deductables

$624/6 months total ($329 for the Alero, $264 for the CR-V)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

minorthr is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for minorthr Find more posts by minorthr Add minorthr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
minorthr
Want HMO for DirecTv

27 year old Male + 25 year old female

2003 Hyundai Tiburon
2002 Hyundai Sante Fe

some pretty high limits

At the bargain basement price of $1272 every six months from USAA. No accidents and no tickets. Although my wife just got a ticket that is not yet reflected in our insurance. And yes I have looked around and for somereason can not get any cheaper then this.

Last edited by minorthr on 06-29-2004 at 04:01 PM

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jobeth66 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jobeth66 Find more posts by Jobeth66 Add Jobeth66 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jobeth66
Scattercute @ Taipai

40YO Male, 37YO female

1998 Dodge Gr. Caravan
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

500k single limit
500k UM/UIM w/$500 deductible
250,000 PIP (NJ statutory limits)
500 ded Coll
100 ded Comp
Verbal tort threshold

Just got my 6-month renewal. $1297. That's cheap. It's likely to double next renewal because my oldest son will have his license.

(Credit for auto/home, ABS, anti-theft, and longevity)

"Jersey Girl - with a whip". --Darin
Music is my aeroplane

Shrimp in a wheelchair

Ed cannot be replaced, and he will not be forgotten. I miss you, my friend.

------------
Series II 80 hour SA (Lifetime)
Series II 40 hour SA (Monthly)
Philips 344 hour SA (Lifetime)
Sony 344 hour SA (Lifetime)
Philips 80 hour SA (Monthly)

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

packerfan is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for packerfan Find more posts by packerfan Add packerfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
packerfan
Proud Papa

27yo male and 29yo female

1996 chev blazer and 2001 chev venture

100/300 liab and um coverage
250 comp and 500 coll on blazer
100 comp and 250 coll on venture
towing and car rental on both vehicles

total prem for 6mo for both veh combined $376

-Homer J. Simpson

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RegBarc is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RegBarc Visit RegBarc's homepage! Find more posts by RegBarc Add RegBarc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RegBarc
Member-at-Large

I don't know if anyone realizes this, but it's a bad idea from a civil liability standpoint to divulge your insurance specifics. If a lawyer is suing you, and he finds this post, he knows EXACTLY what the sue for so that the insurance company will settle. I was deamed 10% at fault in a NJ accident when the other driver got 90%. Someone tried to sue me, and the insurance company settled to make it go away. If I had my insurance info out there, I would have lost a lot more money.

The Triangle - Ed-Op Editor

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

As for me, I am paying too much. Funny thing is - because of an at-fault accident, I wanted to raise my limits. However, because there are lawyers involved; my insurance is basically frozen until everything is settled.

Please visit my Personal Page to learn more and to donate online. 100% of your donation is Tax Deductible.
If you wish to donate via check, please either PM or email me for information.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

osterber is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for osterber Find more posts by osterber Add osterber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osterber
Advanced Member

What's also silly is that the only way to really put this all in context is to know _exactly_ where the insurance is for. I live in the metro-Boston area, and I'm paying a little more than $1000/year to insure my 1998 Explorer with pretty complete coverage. The rate I pay, however, varries pretty significantly depending on exactly what town I live in. Just moving 5 miles west would have an impact on the premium in the downward direction. Hell, if I lived four blocks away, my premiums would be different. (The difference between living in Boston and living in Brookline.)

-Rick

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marc is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Visit Marc's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Add Marc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marc
Advanced Member

37 and 42 year old guys...

Liability: 300/500
Medical: 25000, Work loss: 5000/1000, Funeral: 1000, Accidental death: 5000
Under/Uninsured motorists (stacked)
Bodily injury: 300/500
Comprehensive & Collision: 500 deductible
Increased rental reimbursement

2001 Hyundai Elantra: $778.75 (includes extra $198.99 because of an accident)
2004 Honda Accord: $715.92

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

montag is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for montag Find more posts by montag Add montag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
montag
Rebel Without a Home

quote:
Originally posted by osterber
What's also silly is that the only way to really put this all in context is to know _exactly_ where the insurance is for. I live in the metro-Boston area, and I'm paying a little more than $1000/year to insure my 1998 Explorer with pretty complete coverage. The rate I pay, however, varries pretty significantly depending on exactly what town I live in. Just moving 5 miles west would have an impact on the premium in the downward direction. Hell, if I lived four blocks away, my premiums would be different. (The difference between living in Boston and living in Brookline.)

-Rick

Well, this is by no means meant to be a scientific study. It's just an opportunity to see what coverage others have, what they pay, and who they do business with. Threads like this serve to satisfy the general nosiness that we all have. It also is an opportunity for some to reexamine there own insurance coverage.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged